Dahua NVR V.4 new features - any info?

geezer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just installed DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319.bin. Maybe I missed it: is there a forum topic on this new version?

There are some changes to the playback (Search) mode that aren't as intuitive as they should be, and probably a lot else that I haven't noticed.

Also, it seems like there is still no way to snap a still image in playback (whether playing or paused). This super useful feature was included in the initial firmware for the 4KS2 then disappeared.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Use SmartPSS for live viewing and playback/downloading .... and one click snapshots

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just installed DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319.bin. Maybe I missed it: is there a forum topic on this new version?

There are some changes to the playback (Search) mode that aren't as intuitive as they should be, and probably a lot else that I haven't noticed.

Also, it seems like there is still no way to snap a still image in playback (whether playing or paused). This super useful feature was included in the initial firmware for the 4KS2 then disappeared.
I'd be interested to hear of your experiences. Is there anything beneficial resulting from the update?

Cheers, Steve

geezer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far I've got nothin', Steve. There are visible changes to the Playback/Search feature that I don't fully understand and may not be important. There may be a lot more under the hood that I thought others would have noticed.

RedFish, thanks for reminding me that SmartPSS has the photo feature in playback, but I am avoiding putting my CCTV on the LAN with my desktop PC.