Dahua NVR running v4 series firmware - HDMI output control from web interface question

24c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 16 channel Dahua NVR running the v4 series firmware. I have a HDMI extender connected to the HDMI port to pipe the video out to a display located on the wall in an office area. We have noticed recently (I dont think this happened before we upgraded it to v4) that periodically, the configured cameras displayed changes. e.g. I had used the mouse on the NVR to setup the cameras I wanted viewed - which all worked fine (I thought), but then every now and then, it just defaults back to a different view.

I've had a look at the web interface, but I cant figure out how to set the cameras I want to view out the HDMI port from there. There is a live layout option under Display->Tour Setting, but I cant figure the logic of it out (if thats even what its for).

I guess my second question is, using a mouse/keyboard directly attached to the NVR, can I set and save the output configuration somehow? What would be the steps to do that? When I've set it in the past I havent logged into the NVR. The NVR itself is a bit of pain to directly attach a screen/kb/mouse to so just thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any tips before I attempted this again.

Cheers,

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you want to view the HDMI output of the NVR, you can only do so by using a mouse/keyboard with whatever monitor/TV is hooked up the NVR itself. You won't be able to set what displays or shows up on the HDMI monitor from the web interface (meaning accessing it by IP) --- you will have to console into the NVR itself with that mouse/keyboard. Whatever you leave that screen on, will display on your HDMI output. Some Dahua NVRs have (2) HDMI outputs, and from the console session you can set what you want displayed on HDMI 1 versus HDMI2. IIRC however, finding that setting is a little tricky, but it's there... it just took me a while to locate it when I was first looking for it.

Reactions: 24c

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen this before when "Zero Channel" is activated and viewed, causing a change from your default display. Try disabling zero channel, to see if this works?

Reactions: 24c

24c

n3wb
Reaction score
I've seen this before when "Zero Channel" is activated and viewed, causing a change from your default display. Try disabling zero channel, to see if this works?
I was on site today and this was indeed the issue. A user onsite had an android tablet running an old gDMSS Lite and every time they select channel zero, it changes the output via the HDMI to match. Thanks again!