Dahua nvr remote setup help

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im trying to get my nvr setup to support our new internet connection.

We have upgraded our service to lte now and have better upload. 17-19mbps.

How do i setup the nvr to handle the new speed? Do i do it on the cameras or in the nvr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im trying to get my nvr setup to support our new internet connection.

We have upgraded our service to lte now and have better upload. 17-19mbps.

How do i setup the nvr to handle the new speed? Do i do it on the cameras or in the nvr?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Back on Oct. 27 you asked how to slow something down because your DSL upload was 512K and now that you've got LTE with much faster upload you want to "...setup the nvr to handle the new speed".

My best answer: There's nothing for you to set up or change in the NVR, because devices operating on the network will automatically negotiate and operate at the highest available and most reliable rate of the network and within it's own design capability. In other words, a 10/100M (megabit) switch or NVR cannot operate faster than that even on a 10/100/1000M (gigabit) network.

You would not want to have a megabit switch 'sitting between' a gigabit device (NVR?) and a gigabit router (your LTE Internet connection?); the NVR would not be able to operate on the Internet (or LAN) at the top of its ability, the switch would limit it.

Last edited:

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the question. Back on Oct. 27 you asked how to slow something down because your DSL upload was 512K and now that you've got LTE with much faster upload you want to "...setup the nvr to handle the new speed".

My best answer: There's nothing for you to set up or change in the NVR, because devices operating on the network will automatically negotiate and operate at the highest available and most reliable rate of the network and within it's own design capability. In other words, a 10/100M (megabyte) switch or NVR cannot operate faster than that even on a 10/100/1000M (gigabyte) network.

You would not want to have a megabyte switch 'sitting between' a gigabyte device (NVR?) and a gigabyte router (your LTE Internet connection?); the NVR would not be able to operate on the Internet (or LAN) at the top of its ability, the switch would limit it.
Thats correct. Back then we had dsl. Now we setup att unlimited plus plan with the homebase.

But the nvr is connected with 100m switch not a 1000. How smooth will 16 cams load up on idmss connected to the lan vs wan?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the switch is the only item that is NOT gigabit in your LAN (NVR, router LAN ports, PC LAN port, etc.) then by all means replace it with a gigabit switch to get best speed.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the switch is the only item that is NOT gigabit in your LAN (NVR, router LAN ports, PC LAN port, etc.) then by all means replace it with a gigabit switch to get best speed.
Yea i have a couple of switches that are from the old setup and was 100. Ill get new switches and see if it will speed up.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would the ptz control also speedup?

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe the p2p is limiting our speed. Is that possiable?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the p2p is limiting our speed. Is that possiable?

First off, I don't have this setup. I have CenturyLink ADSL at 1.5M down/512k up (yes, that's right..1.5M down...like 2 Dixie cups and some wire).
I'm out in the middle of nowhere.

By 'P2P', what do you mean? I know what it is, I just want to know if you are seeing that in the manual, or in setup config of the AT&T Homebase router, etc. There is a 'UPnP' setting and that should be 'Disabled'.

Below is from page 32 of the manual for the Zeta-made AT&T LTE Homebase router. Could be it's running at 4G, someone's making a call or you've got a device downloading like crazy.

ATT_LTE.jpg

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the nvr settings im using the easy4ip i believe its called.

Im on lte in the homebase im getting anywhere between 17-19 mbps upload and 35-40 download. But once i connect thru it everything is slow.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the nvr settings im using the easy4ip i believe its called.

Im on lte in the homebase im getting anywhere between 17-19 mbps upload and 35-40 download. But once i connect thru it everything is slow.

OK, now I see what you mean by 'P2P', it's in the NVR and you're using 'Easy4ip'. (BTW, I don't have a NVR either..I use Blue Iris).
Didn't you create an account with the Easy4ip? If so, it's likely a cloud for your remote access and that could definitely be your bottleneck. Your NVR uploads to the cloud before you can download it.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have blueiris for my house but at our shop we got a nvr. Just seemed easier but i do like blueiris