Dahua NVR, POE switch, network - newbie questions

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have searched and read many of the stickies & cliff notes. Need some help please.

Goal is a residential install with 2 dozen dahua cams. The north side of house will take a dozen, and the south side the other dozen. The dahua nvr would be located in the middle, between the north and south sides of house. All cams to record 24/7. Notifications via phone &/or email. Remote viewing also. I have (2x) 10TB in hdd, & piles of 4mp 1/1.8" cams from empire tec Andy. Looking at the 32 channel non-poe nvr from Andy Nvr5423-4ks2. Poe switches from Tp link are TLsg1016pe v3.

Questions:

A. Can I connect a dozen cams to the north poe switch, and then a dozen cams to the south poe switch, and then run 2 single cat6 cables from the poe switches back to the nvr?

B. If answer to 'A' is yes, then what other hardware, if any, is needed?

C. Is there any functional or security drawback in using a system as such?

D. Will this arrangement allow full control of camera settings and features without physically accessing cameras?

Thank you in advance. More questions to follow if you are willing.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a prevailing/preferred 16 port poe+ switch make or model? Truth be told I do not presently need poe+. Rather just trying to anticipate future possible need.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another question: what off-the-shelf item will take poe+ from a cat6 and output 12-32vdc at 13 watts? This is for an ir illuminator.
Consider this ==>> Gigabit PoE Splitter 12V 2A Output with IEEE 802.3af/at Standard Compliant 10,100,1000Mbps Power Over Ethernet Splitter Adapter for Security Camera CCTV Surveillance 5.5x2.1mm DC Plug Cable(PS5712TG)

It will need to be housed in a weatherproof enclosure adn it's connections waterproofed much like a cam's pigtail, possibly inside the IR emitter housing.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.