Dahua NVR fan speed - noisy as hell!

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am just trying my new Dahua NVR-5216-4KS2 I got from Andy,
Installed an HDD, started the the NVR - it welcomed me with a loud fan noise... then after a minute of booting it calmed down and was almost silent.
However, setting it up it started the fan again and hell this thing is loud! its like a gaming PC/old servers loud!

Is there a way to control the fan or manage it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many people have replaced the fan with a silent one. Several threads floating around here discussing it.

heliantus1

n3wb
Reaction score
In the menu try switch to Auto mode from manuál(always on)

Odoslané z Redmi Note 9 Pro pomocou Tapatalku

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
Many people have replaced the fan with a silent one. Several threads floating around here discussing it.
I got that... but still when the fans worked on low speed the sound was ok!

In the menu try switch to Auto mode from manuál(always on)

Odoslané z Redmi Note 9 Pro pomocou Tapatalku
I cant really find that on the menu!

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I added rubber pumpers around the fans to reduce vibrations and replaced the power supply one to a quieter one.

Another idea is to under-volt the fan to reduce its speed. Careful not to heavily reduce air flow.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
From the model number I'm assuming this is the non-POE version with the external power brick. I consider mine to be very reasonable with the fan noise. Mine is pretty old, version 1.0 hardware. I wonder if something has changed with the newer versions?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
From the model number I'm assuming this is the non-POE version with the external power brick. I consider mine to be very reasonable with the fan noise. Mine is pretty old, version 1.0 hardware. I wonder if something has changed with the newer versions?
Right!

The issue is that it started very quite and after a restart it started blowing off like crazy!
I am not sure if there is a way to manually control the fan... I didn't find this option!

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the exact same behavior. Anything you found what caused it (ai setting, no proper sync with connected cameras, etc.?)?

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have set the NVR to default settings and set all AI on the camera. Since then the fan speed is completely quiet

ipcflow

n3wb
Reaction score
i have same problem. there are two fans. one is silent, the powersupply fan is loud and run all time.

i think the power fan run all time same?