Dahua NVR crashed

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Came home and found 4 year old Dahua Nvr DOA. I tested and have power to the plug at the back of the NVR, I have not opened it up to examine the interior for anything out of the ordinary. Is there any checks I should do before I perform an autopsy and possibly make things worse. Thanks for any help. I was gearing up to switch to blue Iris. I Have the Tower, POE switch ready to go. I just was not confident enough to make the switch yet.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Came home and found 4 year old Dahua Nvr DOA. I tested and have power to the plug at the back of the NVR, I have not opened it up to examine the interior for anything out of the ordinary. Is there any checks I should do before I perform an autopsy and possibly make things worse. Thanks for any help. I was gearing up to switch to blue Iris. I Have the Tower, POE switch ready to go. I just was not confident enough to make the switch yet.
Take the cover off and test the power supply. A basic multimeter is fine for this.

Can you feel if the hard drives are spinning?

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hard drive not spinning will take cover off

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I removed the small metal cover protecting the switch and power input. 87 volts with power switch on and 47 with the switch in the off position. I do have 116 volts at the end of the power cord

trapper

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I re checked the voltage to confirm I have 117 at the input inside the machine and 117 at the switch

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I removed the small metal cover protecting the switch and power input. 87 volts with power switch on and 47 with the switch in the off position. I do have 116 volts at the end of the power cord
Disconnect the harnesses coming from the power supply to the motherboard. Is there a sticker on the power supply that shows the voltages the power supply outputs?

If the hard drives aren't spinning, I'd put my money n a power supply issue.

Is the fan in the power supply spinning when you turn it on?