Dahua NVR Backup fail

Deltatango

n3wb
Reaction score
Attempted to backup a month of video from new Dahua NVR onto a 2TB usb drive. I click "search" button to select what I want backed up and get a note that said "no results", like there is nothing to back up. Please help anyone.
Thank you.

mindtrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Attempted to backup a month of video from new Dahua NVR onto a 2TB usb drive. I click "search" button to select what I want backed up and get a note that said "no results", like there is nothing to back up. Please help anyone.
Thank you.
Does it pop up a dialog box when you plug the drive in?

Deltatango

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, I was looking for a way to view my NVR files with Windows File Explorer or some other way to I can "see what's there"?

mindtrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Your NVR drives are full, is normal. Once they reach capacity so to speak, the system starts rewriting over the top of the previous data. Also, 2 TB doesn't sound like much storage, are you certain you have the time period of events still on the internal drive? They may have been overwritten.

Deltatango

n3wb
Reaction score
"HOLD THE PHONE"

I now think I have solved my problem. The Backup function works now that I switched browsers to open "WEB SERVICE" which is the url address for my NVR. I am now using Internet Explorer in place of Firefox and it seems to be able to backup my files OK.

Thanks for your prompt reply and comments.

P.S. I find that my 2TB NVR drive only holds 10 days of media then overwrites. I guess that happens because my Dahua Camera is 4K resolution.