Dahua nvr and cable install

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Spectrum installed their new modem in today. Everything seems fine everywhere but NVR. I can't pull my cameras back up with browser or Smartpss.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a modem/router? If so, the local LAN IP address probably changed. Easiest thing to do is to change the IP address range to the previous.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The modem is all they changed. I kept my wireless router and nothing changed on it except the new modem being plugged into it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So can you see the NVR at all when on the LAN?

If so and it is just remote you cannot, then maybe the NVR was setup based on WAN address that changed during a modem switch out?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did they connect a LAN port of the new modem to the WAN/Internet port of your existing wireless router?

If so and if your wireless router is not running in AP mode then it's doubling-NAT'ing and your wireless router is possibly now on a subnet imposed by the new modem, different from what you had before.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can see and log into wireless router via browser. I can see the IP of the nvr under connected devices on wireless router. Confused?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the new Spectrum modem have "LAN" ports?

How is the Spectrum modem connected to your wireless router? IOW, what is the label on the ports that are connected from the Spectrum modem and to your wireless router?

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will have to look at Port names when I get back home. The modem only has one and it goes over to there wifi box to control Xumo TV box. That has ports on it and one of those ports go over to my router. I tried plugging my ethernet cable from my NVR into that still no go.
I know my router is working as it controls other stuff in the house.