Dahua NVR 5464 — Connect Hikvision DS-2CD2365G1-I

Kalan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm having issues connecting a Hikvision DS-2CD2365G1-I to my DHI-NVR5464-16P-4KS2.

The unit (Hikvision IPC) was recently bought, to accompany 43 Dahua IPC's. Because this certain camera wasn't meant to be on the NVR I didn't choose a Dahua... knowing the problems I've had with this Hikvision I would choose differently if I had the chance again.

This particular camera is used for live monitoring only and was not needed for recording. I had planned to connect it to SmartPSS... which I soon found out wouldn't work and the only option was to add it to my NVR (please let me know if you know of a way to connect t via SmartPSS or other desktop app for Mac or PC). Adding it to the NVR was 'virtually' no fuss, until I found problems with viewing the connection.

I have "Green" status on my camera entry/input in my list of devices. When I view the camera on my NVR's monitor it often results in "Log in return time is up". My Onvif account and password is being used to login... and I know it works because I can see the stream.

Main-stream occasionally gives a feed but it will terminate the live connection a few seconds after. I have found that sub-stream is MUCH more stable... but that's no good because the objects (pressure gauges) being viewed need to be clear.

What're my options? Am I missing something vital?

note: NVR is now on the latest firmware. Boy, it looks good! ... and the Hikvision camera is on the latest too (1 up from default version).