Dahua Microphone Sensitivity

bigeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
One of the cameras I'm looking at is the EBW81230 and I see it has a built-in microphone. Could someone explain to me how sensitive this microphone is please? I'm thinking to place this camera on the ceiling of my home theatre room and am wondering about the range at which it will be able to pick up conversation...

Regards,
David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
One of the cameras I'm looking at is the EBW81230 and I see it has a built-in microphone. Could someone explain to me how sensitive this microphone is please? I'm thinking to place this camera on the ceiling of my home theatre room and am wondering about the range at which it will be able to pick up conversation...

Regards,
David
no one can answer that. Put it up there and test.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure to turn OFF the "noise filter" in the cameras setup page.
In most case's, the mics in the cams are very good. But room acoustics will have a large affect, good or bad.

bigeye

n3wb
Reaction score
no one can answer that. Put it up there and test.
I was looking for a bit of "pre-testing" information to placate my wife's concerns about being overheard at any point in the house. I'm well aware that the only way to get a definitive answer is through testing...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking for a bit of "pre-testing" information to placate my wife's concerns about being overheard at any point in the house. I'm well aware that the only way to get a definitive answer is through testing...
My outdoor Mic'd Dahuas can pickup voices out to about 100ft, that's not to say you can understand them, but you know voices are there.
The sensitivity of the mics are adjustable in the cams setup menu as well.
upload_2019-2-25_12-10-36.png