Dahua login removal

Adam Fret

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Is it possible to completely remove the need to login a Dahua NVR? So it never times out and will never require an username and password? I have some elderly clients who can barely operate a mouse, never mind deal with logging in every time they want to review footage. Thanks.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you set the auto logout time to '0' it never logs out the NVR.

HOWEVER: It will be logged out if the NVR is shutdown/restarted.
I suggest setting a password, writing it on the back and also setting a pattern pass. The pattern pass will hopefully be easy for your client to operate if it logs out.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I probably should show an image...
Settings > General > Auto logout time.

Set to 0 for no logout.
1693223896987.png

Fun fact I found, the NKB1000 connecting into the NVR will automatically login to the NVR.
So it's just the 6 digit pin to unlock the NKB1000 and it automatically signs that user into the NVR.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, Is it possible to completely remove the need to login a Dahua NVR? So it never times out and will never require an username and password? I have some elderly clients who can barely operate a mouse, never mind deal with logging in every time they want to review footage. Thanks.
Just have them log in on a PC using the NVR PC app software set to auto login. That method works fine even if the NVR has been restarted. You can also connect the NVR to a UPS power unit and then it should never restart except in cases of extended power outages.

Adam Fret

n3wb
Reaction score
I probably should show an image...
Settings > General > Auto logout time.

Set to 0 for no logout.
View attachment 171003

Fun fact I found, the NKB1000 connecting into the NVR will automatically login to the NVR.
So it's just the 6 digit pin to unlock the NKB1000 and it automatically signs that user into the NVR.
Thanks Mark, I searched Everywhere for that and i couldn't find it. This solves my problem.

Adam Fret

n3wb
Reaction score
Just have them log in on a PC using the NVR PC app software set to auto login. That method works fine even if the NVR has been restarted. You can also connect the NVR to a UPS power unit and then it should never restart except in cases of extended power outages.
I wish i could but these particular clients don't even have a phone, never mind a PC or internet. They had never even used a mouse, gotta keep it simple for them.