Dahua IVS working great so far

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First day and night with the IVS engaged on the IPC-T5442T-ZE on my lower rear deck and it is impressive. I have it set for human detection and made a couple tripwires. During the day it had 2 detects of "humans"... one being a large dog... outside the tripwires (I need to revisit all my settings to see why that is) but that really isn't an issue since we get so few people back there in the little strip of land before it turns to woods. I could really just do away with the tripwires totally.

The main problem I have is environmental false and nuisance alarms from conventional motion detection.... high contrast shadows that move during the day... waving tree branches when it's windy, critters at night mainly cats and raccoons. And believe it or not a big moth that likes to fly up to the cam (do they see IR??) and trip the conventional detect. The Dahua ignored all that and gave me exactly zero detects outside of the person and the dog during the day.

Here is one example from the BI alert. See the cat just sneaking out of the view on the left. He had set off the motion detect light as well... the Dahua ignored all that. Only problem is that if I turn off the motion detect on BI I'll never see all my critters again! But from a security perspective less false and nuisance alarms is a good thing.

Cat_on_Deck.JPG

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi!

I can't answer about BI so this only camera related.
What you should do is to set a minimal size that IVS should react to. As the camera is not looking far away the scale of people far away is not an issue.
At your location I would prefer to use Intrusion instead of Tripwire.

SMD 3.0 for the 54xx range is currently being tested, see separate thread, and could help with false positives from cats.

All small flying bugs LOVE ir, wait until summer!! A workaround is to install a lamp on the wall/roof to give descent light to the camera so you can run it without IR. This is how I do it. This would also minimise the number of false positives from critters.

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, the false positive and photo above was from BI, NOT the Dahua. The Dahua IVS totally ignored this. That was the point, to show how the IVS did a better job of that scene. I'll have a look at the intrusion settings you mentioned sometime but I am thinking that full field IVS "human" detection would be good enough since that is a rare occurrence back there, probably not even once a week on average so getting those alerts would be fine.

Hi!

I can't answer about BI so this only camera related.
What you should do is to set a minimal size that IVS should react to. As the camera is not looking far away the scale of people far away is not an issue.
At your location I would prefer to use Intrusion instead of Tripwire.

SMD 3.0 for the 54xx range is currently being tested, see separate thread, and could help with false positives from cats.

All small flying bugs LOVE ir, wait until summer!! A workaround is to install a lamp on the wall/roof to give descent light to the camera so you can run it without IR. This is how I do it. This would also minimise the number of false positives from critters.