Dahua IVS + BlueIris

nr2005

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently got a Dahua NVR handling my recording and acting in bridge mode. I've also got Blue Iris set up on an old EliteDesk 800, and it's working super smoothly at the moment..

I've managed to get the alerts from the Dahua IVS flowing through to BlueIris and sending push notifications (exactly what I need). I wondered if there was any way that Blue Iris was able to "filter" these alerts based on which IVS rule it is? (I'm not sure what info ONVIF passes through to BI)...

My use case is that I have an intrusion detection zone on my driveway and I want to receive a notification any time that zone is entered - pretty easy. I've also got a tripwire set up which is only active in the early hours of the morning, this tripwire detects humans passing on the street. In the latter alert, I wouldn't want to get a notification of this, BUT I do want to keep the tripwire, it helps navigate through recordings if required, as the event is highlighted in the viewer..

Hopefully that makes sense. There may be a super easy way to do this, but I'm struggling to find what to Google to go and find it out!

Thanks in advance...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately that feature is not available (would love to have that as well)!, but if enough people put in a request to BI, they may look at the possibility of that.

nr2005

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately that feature is not available (would love to have that as well)!, but if enough people put in a request to BI, they may look at the possibility of that.
Yeah seems like it would perhaps be a bit of a niche use-case maybe? Nevertheless I'll see if I can drop them a feature request, it can't hurt! :)

Thanks for coming back to me, at least it means I can stop looking for ways to do it now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would think it would be something easy to pull off for one particular brand like the Dahua line, but probably too many camera manufacturers and different setups that could be problematic.

What I did was created a clone camera in BI set to BI motion detection to capture all those events that you would like an event highlighted, and then in the Master camera in BI, I use the IVS only for alerts. It is a decent workaround.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm slowly working to use my BI server/computer. I do like Dahua's IVS AI features. Maybe because I've set it up a few times and it seems to work well on an all Dahua sys with AI.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a couple of spotter cams that are looking at a large area so it'd be useful if the cams could indicate to BI the tripwire or intrusion zone number such that the action or alert could be more customizable. Right now you have to clone cams then use motion detection specific to the trigger area. Unfortunately, BI motion detection even when coupled with AI doesn't seem to be as good as built-in AI of the cams.

Reaction score
Currently got a Dahua NVR handling my recording and acting in bridge mode. I've also got Blue Iris set up on an old EliteDesk 800, and it's working super smoothly at the moment..

I've managed to get the alerts from the Dahua IVS flowing through to BlueIris and sending push notifications (exactly what I need). I wondered if there was any way that Blue Iris was able to "filter" these alerts based on which IVS rule it is? (I'm not sure what info ONVIF passes through to BI)...

My use case is that I have an intrusion detection zone on my driveway and I want to receive a notification any time that zone is entered - pretty easy. I've also got a tripwire set up which is only active in the early hours of the morning, this tripwire detects humans passing on the street. In the latter alert, I wouldn't want to get a notification of this, BUT I do want to keep the tripwire, it helps navigate through recordings if required, as the event is highlighted in the viewer..

Hopefully that makes sense. There may be a super easy way to do this, but I'm struggling to find what to Google to go and find it out!

Thanks in advance...
May I ask how you got Dahua IVS working with BlueIRis? I can't seem to get any IVS alerts in BI even though I can see them triggered within the Dahua cam UI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@f150ferrari - here is how you can set up BI to just alert based on ONVIF triggers.

There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)

Reaction score
@f150ferrari - here is how you can set up BI to just alert based on ONVIF triggers.

There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
Thanks - gonna give it another go. Under record should it be on alert or triggered?

Reaction score
Yeah, that happens for some reason. As long as it is working as intended I don't worry about it.
Sorry to clarify I meant that none of the triggered events are actually recording.

If I set camera to have events triggered by BI then everything captures and records np.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ok.

Did you do find/inspect again after you checked the ONVIF triggers?

Which camera model is it?

Reaction score
If you really want a headache... you can actually research what ONVIF information is sent that Blue Iris can take. I had to do that with my PTZ that was not homing (well, it was going to default home, not selection #1 HOME).

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 5442's with the same Event Subscription 00000190, IVS not working. Have been following all the procedures with no success but tonight I performed another Factory Default reset on the camera with IE, downloaded the firmware again from page 1 at:

and low and behold IVS triggers are now working. The firmware has the same ID and size but understand it has been modified by Andy's team.

V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)
Copyright 2022, EmpireTech all rights reserved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 2 5442's with the same Event Subscription 00000190, IVS not working. Have been following all the procedures with no success but tonight I performed another Factory Default reset on the camera with IE, downloaded the firmware again from page 1 at:

and low and behold IVS triggers are now working. The firmware has the same ID and size but understand it has been modified by Andy's team.

V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)
Copyright 2022, EmpireTech all rights reserved.
thanks for the tip. Going to try this tonight on my 5442s.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did you get the NVR into Bridge Mode? I found a video that showed the setting should be under Settings/Network/Switch but it’s not there.

Attachments