Dahua IVS API or other external way to enable/disable IVS rules

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I am curious about is why they limit access to it? It's not that its a super secret or harming to them in any way. Its even a great feature to offer. Just a personal question.
That's your opinion and they feel differently. The way it is.
CGI API is under a NDA typically.
Break the rules and Andy might have some "come back" so I understand him being reticent on such things.
He does seem to be very close to what is going on and wont wish to risk that. I dont wish him ill.

What version are we operating off now ?

powerin.lt

n3wb
Reaction score

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip! VideoAnalyzeRule was not listed in any API document I have.

However I have tried testing the following commands from my browser and from a curl get command and don't get any results or effects.

- return "N/A" error
returns "OK" but did not disable any IVS rule

I have similar action=setConfig&MotionDetect commands working fine.
Is the"0" in [0][2] supposed to be NVR channel number 1?

powerin.lt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
You should have the device with the latest firmware version.
Everything works fine for me. And the numbers must also be as shown in your parameter table.

dahua-ivs-api-powerin.lt.png

If You did not rename the "IVS" rule, the first rule is "IVS-1", so the number of the rule must also be the same as in the table you receive.

dahua-ivs-api-powerin.lt-2.png

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help powerin.lt!

OK, I've updated my firmware to V4.002.0000000.6.R, Build Date: 2022-11-15 and still can't get this to work, I get the same results.
I've tried pasting: into Edge and into edge with the IE compatibility mode on and still get nothing back.
I've tried the http://xxx:xxx@10.10.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoAnalyseRule[0][3].Enable=false command from edge, edge w/ IE compatibility mode and from a "get" command in my Eisy home automation system. I've tried replacing the [0][3] with 5,7,11,13,20 to see if I could guess at a possible number in the parameter table, no luck.

the following command into edge works fine:

Is it possible these commands are not supported on my NVR5208-8p-4ks2e? Any other thoughts as to what I must be doing wrong?

powerin.lt

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't tried with an NVR but I connect directly to the video camera. I will be able to test with NVR soon

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This works when sent directly to the camera! My cameras are POE connected to the NVR, however, and I can only open a temporary connection via the camera tab and webpage link since they are on a separate network. If you find a way to do this to the NVR that would be amazing.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @powerin.lt . Yes the alarm disable does seem to work. It still is a mystery why the more detailed IVS commands like:
don't' work to the NVR even though they are listed in the API document I have.

The holy grail for me would be to figure out how to get notified when individual IVS rules are triggered. The whole event handler API is still a mystery to me. I'm trying to have my Eisy (universal Devices) home automation system respond to these events if anyone has any experience and examples of using the event handler I would be appreciative.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
following up on my previous question. Is there any mapping of what versions or functions of the API are supported by certain NVR firmware versions . I'm trying to get the NVR event manager working so I can be alerted in my Eisy home automation system when specific IVS rules are triggered.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
/cgi-bin/IntervideoManager.cgi?action=getVersion&Name=CGI

Try that.
It returns a value which seems to match up with the API versioning and newer API have commands that dont work for me in older devices.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That works! says my version is 2.84
But I've tried several commands in the v2.8 API and get "not implemented"
I think I'm getting some results with the command:
but entering this in the edge browser just gives me a black screen and tiny image. I expected to see some text like:
HTTP Code: 200 OK r n
Cache Control: no cache r n
Pragma: no cache r n
Expires: Thu, 01 Dec 2099 16:00:00 GMT r n
Connection: close r n
Content Type: multipart/x mixed replace; boundary= myboundary r n r n
Body:
myboundary r n
Content Type: text plain r n
Content Length : 39 r n
C ode=VideoMotion;action=Start;index=0 r n r n
myboundary r n
Content Length : 38 r n
C ode=VideoBlind;action=Start;index=0 r n r n
myboundary r n
Content Length : 9 r n
Heartbeat r n r n
myboundary r n

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to see if there have been any updates on this. I would like the ability to enable or disable the alarm out that is triggered by IVS person detection on my newly purchased Dahua cams from Andy.

The goal is to send a command to enable and disable the alarm out relay so that it will only trigger when our alarm is armed or by a specific command. The alarm out will trigger flashing LED and a siren when someone comes in certain areas of our building so it needs to be reliable.

David

pizmako

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea how to turn off/on FTP option for particular IVS rule?
.. when I'm at home I would like turn off DMSS notifications and sending snapshots to FTP which are configured in IVS rules. This snapshot is additional backup of any proof if NVR/camera will be destroyed (it already happened once so I would like have it)

pizmako

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea how to turn off/on FTP option for particular IVS rule?
.. when I'm at home I would like turn off DMSS notifications and sending snapshots to FTP which are configured in IVS rules. This snapshot is additional backup of any proof if NVR/camera will be destroyed (it already happened once so I would like have it)
I founded it: