Dahua IPC K35S - distortion ? - software ?

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
L.S.,

Yesterday I bought a brand new K35 S. After a few hours I managed to get it on line. Today I experimented a bit with it, and I get this weird kind of picture. You'll see that the image is distorted on the left. Do I have my settings wrong ?
By the way, I use an iMac, but it seems to be impossible to download the webplugin.pkg; it redirects me to a page that gives me a 404 not found error.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Is there a free program that would allow me to record what my camera sees ? It would be useful for safety reasons, which is why I bought this camera in the first place.

Thank you,

W

Attachments

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
L.S.,

Yesterday I bought a brand new K35 S. After a few hours I managed to get it on line. Today I experimented a bit with it, and I get this weird kind of picture. You'll see that the image is distorted on the left. Do I have my settings wrong ?
By the way, I use an iMac, but it seems to be impossible to download the webplugin.pkg; it redirects me to a page that gives me a 404 not found error.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Is there a free program that would allow me to record what my camera sees ? It would be useful for safety reasons, which is why I bought this camera in the first place.

Thank you,

W
The distortion is likely to be normal. That's what wide angle almost always looks like.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, so I should have bought an other camera then ?
W
If you want to see quite large, they're are often like that. Personally it wouldn't bother me.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For software: use SmartPSS

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you.
However, I keep on having a problem.
I use an iMac with latest OSX and most recent version of Safari.
I can't however download the webplugin app.
I click on "please to click and download" as specified in fig. 1.5 of the "Dahua Network Camera Web 3.0 Operation Manual", but nothing happens.
Somehow with SmartPSS I can see what the camera captures on that moment, but that is all.
I can't define on which hard disk I save my recordings (I have an Apple Time Machine 2TB).
Problems, but then of course, I am completely new in this world.

Yours sincerely,

W