Dahua IPC-HFW81230E-ZE won't focus...

JayBart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
purchased a IPC-HFW81230e-ZE from Andy, thing will not focus -- it goes out of focus at night, I tried going directly to the camera web ip address and manually focus it, but by the next day, it's out of focus again. I tried upgrading to latest firmware, now it just stays our of focus..

any ideas?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some Dahua models struggle with focusing properly when they're zoomed in 80%+.

If you have a PC that's always on, one of the admins here wrote a little Windows program (that runs in the background as service) that will connect to your cameras at sunrise/sunset and set them to a specific zoom and focal value. It can also switch the camera's profile from Day/Night.

I've seen posts where other folks have said running the camera in B/W 24x7 has helped, as well as sticking a piece of reflective tape near the area you want it to focus on.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which firmare is loaded ? Did yoi try a factory reset ?

JayBart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which firmare is loaded ? Did yoi try a factory reset ?
Thanks -- running 2.622.0000004.0.R, Build Date: 2018-06-25, downloaded from one of andy's posts. I'll try a factory reset

Some Dahua models struggle with focusing properly when they're zoomed in 80%+.

If you have a PC that's always on, one of the admins here wrote a little Windows program (that runs in the background as service) that will connect to your cameras at sunrise/sunset and set them to a specific zoom and focal value. It can also switch the camera's profile from Day/Night.
Thanks, through trial and error last night I found that zooming it in a touch -- I have it zoomed completely out, zooming it in a notch or two fixes the focus issue-- I'll try that windows program see if that helps keep it set at the zoom/focus values I manually entered.

I should also add that I have 7 additional cameras running -- all the same make model from andy, all running perfectly. So this isn't a knock on andy.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the ULTRA cameras (IPC-HFW81230E-Z, IPC-HFW8232E-ZE and so on), I'm running the DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nova_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000006.0.R.190627.bin, let me check where is that fw ....
Edit ... take a look here, reset to factory default after the upgrade, and see if things get better

Last edited: