Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z Low Bitrate

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The bitrate is the max...set it to constant instead of variable..and set the quality to the highest..

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do the other camera's deliver much high bitrate with the same settings?

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorta of, the other is a EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-BT1 (dahua clone) from Nelly's sale.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are they using the same encoding mode? h.264H not just h.264?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the image look grainy or poor on the low bitrate cam? maybe blue iris is improperly reporting the bitrate..try rebooting everything...including the camera..

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the camera, in the first pic, in the first post look in the upper left corner. BI is matching what the IP camera's interface is displaying (for the most part). Its hard to tell. What do you think? It's apears a bit more blurry, but I've look at these CAMS so long, It hard for me to tell anymore...

What do you think?

Attachments

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should add; the picture on the right is the one with the bitrate issue.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is max fps on that camera? Raise it from 12fps if you can and you might have a higher choice for bit rate. Also, if you chose variable, when there is no activity in the image, it will chose the lowest
possible bit rate. I like setting my cameras to constant, so anytime you look at the camera, the bit rate is pretty much the same and the image is the same.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't done this with Dahua, but on Hikvision, I got the best image quality and bit rate using CBR.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys. No matter what I did, when this camera is on VBR it will not move past ~1029. So I set it to CBR (4096) per instructions here and now it's hitting that rate.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Again, VBR is variable. It is always going to look for the lowest bit rate and than will vary when it feels it needs to bump it up. CBR, or constant bit rate is what I prefer. The quality of the image
and the bit rate is CONSTANTLY at what you set it at or close to it.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would agree on your definition of VBR, but at least on Hikvision I tested, I found fluctuations in bitrate with VBR or CBR that were not that far apart, meaning CBR was just as variable as VBR. I'll have to test Dahua for fun to see if it's the same.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's why I ended off with or close to it. Even with a constant setting, it will fluctuate some. In theory, just not as much as variable.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's strange that the other 4 camera's seem to function just fine on VBR. This one, even if moving cars and people are present it never moves past that ~1029 area on VBR.