Dahua IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE fake international versions? firmware updates?

CamSee

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased 3 identical IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE cameras from the same seller on AliExpress. They are advertised as original Dahua English version camera with upgradable firmware. I assumed they are legit international version cameras but I'm questioning if that's true...

1) Two of the cameras have a older firmware version loaded (2.460.0000000.16.R), whereas one has a new firmware (2.622.0000000.18.R). Yet clicking the 'Manual Check' button for firmware updates in the menu for all three units returns a message you have the latest firmware already. --whats going on here?
2) All three cameras have identical MAC addresses printed on the outside sticker and the MAC address printed on the sticker doesn't match the actual MAC address of the devices
3) The serial numbers on the box and sticker match, but they are different from the S/N listed in the camera's web menu.

Any thoughts on whats going on here? Do I have fake camera's; china region cameras loaded with bootleg English firmware; or legit international version cameras with some quality control discrepancies?

Also if 'Manual Check' for firmware updates doesn't work for these cameras, how do I update them to the latest firmware. DahuaSecurity website has the older firmware version posted. Where do I get the latest one?

Last edited:

CamSee

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that's helpful to know.

Just a update for others in the future.

I contacted the seller and they provided a link to Dahua Security's website to download the latest firmware (2.622.0000000.18.R) and the cameras updated fine. Apparently I was checking Dahuasecurity.com.ph (fake site?) which turned up as the top result on google. Dahuasecurity.com had the newer firmware.
The explanation provided for the different serial numbers is in the China region, the cameras have two S/N; one for the device and one for the firmware.
No explanation on the differing Mac addresses.

Still don't know for certain if I have international version cameras or china region camera's but since the camera's work fine and the firmware is English upgradable I'm ok with it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still don't know for certain if I have international version cameras or china region camera's but since the camera's work fine and the firmware is English upgradable I'm ok with it.
I guess try applying the new firmware to one of the cameras running the older one and see how it goes...