Dahua IPC-HDW3549TM-AS-LED fluctuates dims / brightens during recording.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running a Dahua IPC-HDW3549TM-AS-LED off a Hikvision DS-3E0510P-E 8-Port 20Gbps Unmanaged Gigabit PoE Ethernet Switch along with 4 others Dahua fixed lens cams. These all connect to a none PoE Dahua 16 port NVR. All other cams function as normal but the one cam (IPC-HDW3549TM-AS-LED) shows lighting fluctuations when recording. Will confirm firmware and update later on today. Eyeball camera located under soffit facing north overlooking driveway.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it happening day and night?

Are you on default/auto settings or have you dialed them in to your field of view?

Post a sample video and screenshots of your camera settings for exposure, brightness, encoding, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh wow that is annoying and without motion. I was thinking maybe there was an exposure compensation issue.

And it is fine on live view?

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh wow that is annoying and without motion. I was thinking maybe there was an exposure compensation issue.

And it is fine on live view?
Live view has no issue but I've noticed the issue happens early in the morning anywhere from 7:15-10:00am. Will change some settings and compare to other cams. Thanks.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Live view has no issue but I've noticed the issue happens early in the morning anywhere from 7:15-10:00am. Will change some settings and compare to other cams. Thanks.
If you don't have WDR or SSA enabled in your settings, sometimes the image with WDR or SSA enabled will look like that, let's say washed out... if they are enabled, turn them off and compare.

WDR or SSA.jpg

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe firmware bug.
Restarting the camera can solve this problem.
I had a similar problem before.
After restarting it didn't happen again.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe firmware bug.
Restarting the camera can solve this problem.
I had a similar problem before.
After restarting it didn't happen again.
Looked at the firmware and realized that I have the latest since I upgraded / updated couple months back. Issue corrected after I adjusted the profile day / night settings from auto exposure to manual. Noticed problem during sunrise or sunset which was causing confusion with the camera auto settings.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looked at the firmware and realized that I have the latest since I upgraded / updated couple months back. Issue corrected after I adjusted the profile day / night settings from auto exposure to manual. Noticed problem during sunrise or sunset which was causing confusion with the camera auto settings.
Look again on the Dahua website in the download / firmware section for that camera, I think the latest firmware was released again about two days ago!

New firmware.jpg

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To fix this problem I have hit default on image settings multiple times and then apply. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not and I need to mess about with the settings maxing them out and enabling SSA etc until it sorts itself out.

Once its fixed it doesn't seem to return.