Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS - Buy Log / Review

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So the board has a connector for auto iris, it also has another two pin connector is it fo audio?

Lol, only two more screws to know what chip is inside.Once you remove those two screws in middle, undern it should be a day night IR filter.I am guessing the other outer screws hold the vf mechanism to the black casing.
Hmmm I'll take a crack again, just cautious as realigning lens is a royal PITA.
Getting the dust out is worse!

tvb

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought this one Dahua h2.65 ipc hdbw4431r zs ip camera 2.8mm ~ 12mm varifocale gemotoriseerde lens 4mp ir50m met sd kaartsleuf poe netwerk camera in Dahua h2.65 ipc-hdbw4431r-zs ip camera 2.8mm ~ 12mm varifocale gemotoriseerde lens 4mp ir50m met sd-kaartsleuf poe netwerk camera van Bewakingscamera's op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep earlier this week and it is being shipped now. How easy is is to update the firmware to one of the latest versions? I own a Dahua IPC-HDBW4421R but with this model I am unable to update the firmware at all which kinda sucks..

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought this one Dahua h2.65 ipc hdbw4431r zs ip camera 2.8mm ~ 12mm varifocale gemotoriseerde lens 4mp ir50m met sd kaartsleuf poe netwerk camera in Dahua h2.65 ipc-hdbw4431r-zs ip camera 2.8mm ~ 12mm varifocale gemotoriseerde lens 4mp ir50m met sd-kaartsleuf poe netwerk camera van Bewakingscamera's op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep earlier this week and it is being shipped now. How easy is is to update the firmware to one of the latest versions? I own a Dahua IPC-HDBW4421R but with this model I am unable to update the firmware at all which kinda sucks..
Haven't tried the custom firmware floating around here but it's apparently supported.

See here: Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

Let us know how you go.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gotta say the HFW is huge but it's optics are certainly better then the HDBW.

But the HDBW firmware seems less dodgy.
HFW doesn't come with the ability to turn off p2p ip etc.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Whats the model HFW4431R-Z ? If so then it also has the exact same resolution has the dome HDBW4431R-ZS.
So not sure why there is no firmware for the HDBW4431R-ZS
The box of the dome has english letters where is this bullet cam has chinese box.
Yeah it's odd that the HDBW has english on the box and in my case the firmware had the ability to turn off the P2P etc but the HFW4431R-Z doesn't. haha

And yes it's a HFW4431R-Z.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about that transparant houding? Does it fade over the years due to uv?

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just received the dome one you have mentioned above from E&M (the postage is much quicker than the others as still waiting for an NVR that was ordered from another company 10 days prior)

and I have been playing with the video settings and a SD card but now I cannot log into it from my browser.

I have tried pinging, it seems to be ok and if I plug my other turret camera into the same Ethernet cable that brings up the plugins and log in screen

is there a hard reset? or have I stuffed it somehow?

I haven't played with any of the cameras network settings

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just received the dome one you have mentioned above from E&M (the postage is much quicker than the others as still waiting for an NVR that was ordered from another company 10 days prior)

and I have been playing with the video settings and a SD card but now I cannot log into it from my browser.

I have tried pinging, it seems to be ok and if I plug my other turret camera into the same Ethernet cable that brings up the plugins and log in screen

is there a hard reset? or have I stuffed it somehow?

I haven't played with any of the cameras network settings
Don't press the reset!!!!! (It will go Chinese on you)

It's either conflicting with another devices, eg two devices sharing the same IP or the web console is lagging, which can happen if it's busy recording or processing IVS rules.

Just pull the power out and let it start back up.

Otherwise if you are feeling adventuress, load the modded firmware for that camera via the updatetool.

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No it cant be a lagging or busy thing as I have swapped cameras multiple times and the turret works fine but dome doesn't

I'm just using a single Ethernet into my router at the mo testing them out

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Create a second account on each camera for the NVR to talk to.

Usually lock outs are caused by too many incorrect password attempts or too many active connections open.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm so pissed off one of two things are going to happen tomorrow
1. I'm going to take the whole thing outside at throw it at the wall
I like #1 :). Nothing beats taking your aggression out on harmless electronics!

then go back to my shitty analogue system - it may be blurry but at least when you plug it in it works
Obviously these are Chinese market cameras and aren't a true representation of the experience you would have received had you gone with an international market model such as the 5231R-Z. I came from analogue, couldn't be happier to be rid of em'.

Last edited:

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still suggest using a power switch or injector and connecting them to your router.

Restart your router before hand so it's dhcp leases are flushed.
Isolate everything else from the network so it's just your PC, the router and the one camera.

Use Smart PSS to auto discover the camera.

Use Smart PSS or the config tool to set its IP and account details from there and then jam the mod firmware down its throat.

Should be fine then. :)

Otherwise factory reset it and use smart PSS to configure and mange it until you can load on the mod firmware.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh was going to try re-flashing the firmware but it says I need Linux so that's me out
There is a premade firmware on the page, first port.
Nano-eos for the hdbw model.

Re the IP, it doesn't always go to 108.
It can self assign via dhcp or I've seen the Chinese ones set to 10.1.1.x range.

Use smart PSS to discover it's IP...