Dahua IPC-Color4K-T has anyone figure out API to operate the LED?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I came across the API for changing night/day mode remotely, but I was wondering if anyone has figured out the API to turn on/off the warm-white LED?

The night/day mode API looks something like this:
This seems to be the best solution for now:

Until I figure it out, I use the day profile 24/7 and then setup the night profile with LED on and call the night profile on trigger and then go back to day profile. Not perfect but it works.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. I have been trying and others have asked about that in the master thread to no avail as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this from @runraid , found here.

Turn light (illuminator)
ON:

OFF:

Where [0][1] is [ChannelNo][ConfigNo]
ChannelNo: integer, array index starts from 0, which means video channel (equals to video channel index -1, and so 0 means channel 1).
ConfigNo: array index, can be 0, 1 or 2. 0 means config for day, 1 means config for night, and 2 means config for normal scene.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^that didn't work for me because that is a deterrence camera that is designed to have the white LED come on or off with triggers whereas the 4K/T is designed to have the white LED either on or off. My best guess is the LED appears to be tied to a profile and not as a stand-alone feature. Maybe a firmware update could change this (I haven't tried it on the newest firmware yet).

Until I figure it out, I use the day profile 24/7 and then setup the night profile with LED on and call the night profile on trigger and then go back to day profile. Not perfect but it works.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BTW the same question was raised with the 4K/X and it was never figured out with that one either and that is on the older firmware GUI that follows the API protocol manual (unlike the newer GUI), lending to the belief that they intentionally tied the LED to a profile as this camera is designed to be a performance camera and the white LED coming on and off could impact the exposure, whereas the deterrence camera referenced above in Post #3 can have the LED come on or off based on triggers as that is the intent of a deterrence camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BTW the same question was raised with the 4K/X and it was never figured out with that one either and that is on the older firmware GUI that follows the API protocol manual (unlike the newer GUI), lending to the belief that they intentionally tied the LED to a profile as this camera is designed to be a performance camera and the white LED coming on and off could impact the exposure, whereas the deterrence camera referenced above in Post #3 can have the LED come on or off based on triggers as that is the intent of a deterrence camera.
Makes sense.
Glad you clarified the use of that particular API command as I haven't had the time to unpack my IPC-Color4K-T yet and try it out...this time of year the "Honey Do" list is even longer than usual.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW - Hikvision has had their equivalent 1/1.2" sensor camera out before Dahua and they have intentionally added or deleted the ability to have its white LED come on/off based on a trigger with firmware updates, probably based on complaints of exposure when the LED would kick on.

IIRC the Hikvision latest firmware eliminated the ability to turn the white LED on/off by trigger/API.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense. Yeah, not perfect, but ok for now.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These API calls- do you just enter them into a web browser in the URL space?

Thanamite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can use an executable command like curl to submit the http calls. I got curl as part of the cygwin package.