Dahua IP PTZ Dome and Hikvision NVR

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A Novice as I am, wanted to share this with the community. I have a 7600 series Hikvision NVR (8 port poe) and was never able to add my Dahua PTZ Dome (DH- SD22A204TN-GNI). I decided there was a compatability issue between this camera and the Hikvision NVR and gave up. I upgraded to another model NVR and was still unable to add this camera. Called tech support and the vendor remoted to my system and checked settings, but was also unable to add it. I was told I needed to upgrade the camera firmware as there might be an issue with the ONVIF version. The vendor had previously alerted me to a setting on the camera called ONVIF Authentication, and advised me to disable it. He said the most probable setting was to disable but I could try enabling as well. It seemed to me that you needed to enable ONVIF authentication and that my issue with this camera might have been in this area. I rechecked the camera's setup and discovered that if you enable ONVIF certification, you can set user access credentials. I decided to keep it simple and set user to admin/admin. Anyway, as soon as I did that, the camera woke up! I decided to go back to my Hikvison NVR and was able to add it this time with no issue. So I reset my Hikvision NVR back to default and added all of my cameras back, including the Dahua Camera! I was able to return the other NVR.