Dahua IP Camera, no IVS events inside camera log.

kogorta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Dahua owners can someone explain it is normal behavior that camera do not log IVS event?
My setup:
IP camera IPC-HDBW2431E-S-S2, latest firmware from dahua site. Camera supports IVS, tripwire and intrusion.
Camera records video to my ftp server.

When i use motion detection , everything works as expected. Camera detects motion and records video. Inside camera log ( Information->Log) i can see motion detection events. Also on PC in SmartPSS inside Event Config i can activate Motion Detect and Alarm Sound, and again verything works as expected, SmartPSS detecs trigger inside event config and alarm sound works.
But IVS do not works as i expect. Inside camera i activate IVS (Event->Smart Plan->IVS Light Bulb icon). I draw tripwire or intrusion rules (Event->IVS) period everyday 24/7, and select record.Inside camera (Live tab) i can not see IVS rules (i use firefox,chrome). On PC in SmartPSS i can see IVS rules, and i can see that IVS is active, it flashes red and follows object inside green box, also camera records all IVS activity, i can replay videos from ftp server. But I can not see any IVS events inside camera log ( Information->Log), neither in SmartPSS.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't find any IVS events logged for mine either when I was looking to try to figure out which triggered. I didn't find any settings that would affect that.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try IE (Internet Explorer) within Windows operating system. You will need to download and save the plugin.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to use IE with the plugin to see the IVS toggle button in the live and playback screens in the camera interface. I haven't found the IVS trigger events in the camera log either.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't think this is a browser problem. You can see the screen and controls fine. Just no events appear to be recorded in the logs.

Reaction score
Don't think this is a browser problem. You can see the screen and controls fine. Just no events appear to be recorded in the logs.
he doesn't see the tripwires on firefox/chrome. he will on IE.
For logs...I never saw much in the logs even with IVS or even MOTION checked on. Wish they were super detailed logs as that would help with tons of troubleshooting. I instead rely on Wireshark to see IP packets sent between Blue Iris & Dahua camera

kogorta

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for answers!!!
Wow that is totally unexpected for me , that for full control Dahua camera is needed IE with plugin.