Dahua ip camera dont work

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have 1 ip camera dahua model HFW3541E-SA. i initialized the camera and upgrade the firmware . It was all good the camera working fine. I replace my analogue system with this camera but when i took of the old analogue camera that work with video power balun i forgot to unplug the balun from the dvr. I install the new ip camera and unplug the cat6 from the balun and connecte directly to poe nvr and the camera not working. I see on the poe section of the nvr that is taking power but the camera dont work. I unplug the camera and test it with tester that i have, try to reset it but nothing , the camera is dead. I give the camera power from power supply 12vdc and again nothing.
Anyone has any idea?

I dont know if when i plug the new camera it was connected to a balun from the other side was a problem. The power that the balun sending to the old analogue cameras was 12vdc .

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not initialize a camera when connecting to an NVR.

You probably now have the IP camera on one IP address and the NVR is looking for another IP address.

Simply factory reset the camera and then plug it into the NVR POE port and let the NVR initialize it.

I guess there is always the potential you fried the camera. When you provide power to the camera, do you hear the IR filter click or if you put it in a dark room do you see the RED glow of the LED?

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I always initialize the camera via toolbox and then connected to nvr. Always working ok. Now i cant access the camera, i reset from sd card slot but nothing. I put it in a dark room and no i cant hear for the ir on or see the red light.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you connect the IP camera directly to a PoE port on a router switch, and try to direct your browser to the camera's IP? Wondering if the balun and NVR is the issue.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I try conect to switch , not found the camera. Yes maybe the balun was the problem because i didnt disconnect the cable from the balun on the dvr but the power was 12vdc. Nvr has no problem because i try to power up alone the camera and it wont power up

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on what the camera is (not) doing when you connect to a PoE switch, it is highly likely the camera is kaput (dead). This is most likely the result of the accidental connection while the balun was still connected. Cannot guarantee the following will fix anything, however you could try dissipating the residual voltage in the camera. The easiest way to do this is leave the camera disconnected from everything for 3-4 days, then connect the cam to PoE source and listen for IR filter and/or look for IR illuminators lighting up.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based on what the camera is (not) doing when you connect to a PoE switch, it is highly likely the camera is kaput (dead). This is most likely the result of the accidental connection while the balun was still connected. Cannot guarantee the following will fix anything, however you could try dissipating the residual voltage in the camera. The easiest way to do this is leave the camera disconnected from everything for 3-4 days, then connect the cam to PoE source and listen for IR filter and/or look for IR illuminators lighting up.
Ok i will try that. I dont have any other solution but the question is why connected by mistake to balun kill the camera?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe power applied to the wrong combination of pins on the RJ45 connector? Maybe over voltage applied to the camera as a result? Nothing in electronics is "bullet proof" but it sure sounds like something is "shot".