Dahua ip camera added to my Hikvision set recommended configuration ?

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear folk

I have 4 Hikvison ip camera at home recently I added new Dahua model DH-IPC-HFW4631F-ZSA

I need to configure what would be the recommendation settings ? Should I match it with Kikvision ?

I know I haven't done the proper configuration yet but when I checked the live view it is hazy or blurry as in the snapshot below

Regards

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats a focus issue

Go to the zoom/focus tab and hit the auto focus button

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go to the zoom/focus tab and hit the auto focus button
Thx bigredfish now it is better but still photo not clear comparing to HikVision,,,,I will wait for Sun glare to be gone and I post a snapshot for the live view.

Any idea about below :
I need to configure what would be the recommendation settings ? Should I match it with Kikvision ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What are your other settings? Bitrate at least 8192, FPS 30 iframe 30, CBR, Exposure Auto , no WDR, DNR 50, then go from there...

Post a full size image. Download SmartPSS to your computer or use the Live view tab on the camera/NVR to get a full res snapshot

Last edited:

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Noted will do that and post a snapshot again

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thx bigredfish
So far all good now
Max FPS value that my camera has is 25 not 30

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This will just get you a baseline from which to work on fine tuning settings.

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Noted
The last question I have two dates on the Live view of this camera on my Blue Iris ,,,,How to disable that ? It is related to overlay if I am not mistaken but I forgot how to display only one date

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 4 Dahua HDW5231R-ZE cameras. 3 of them I have IVS for and can setup. However, one of them I have the IVS menu item, but nothing comes up on the screen when I click it. The only difference I am seeing is that the one without the IVS is set to PAL while all the others are set to NTSC.

Can someone help me with this IVS issue on this camera? Is it PAL vs NTSC? I do not think that is the case from reading the posts here, but like I said that is the only thing I am seeing that is different than the other 3 cameras.