Dahua Illuminator only stays on while I'm in Settings

andykent

n3wb
Reaction score
Fine tuning my Dahua IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV.
I've set the illuminator's night setting to Auto. As long as I stay in that dialogue it works fine. But as soon as I leave the Settings tab the illuminator goes off. What am I doing wrong? I've clicked Save before leaving the tab.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could be anything - too much light so it doesn't need it, maybe a schedule is interacting.

Without screenshots of the settings and screenshots of the field of view to see what is going on, it could be lots of things.

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi. Here Is what I found works best for the TiOC warm light.

Set a schedule for day and night. Go to the cameras web page and select Camera > Conditions > Profile Management > Schedule.

Drag the slider to set a suitable time for day and night time hours. Hit the save button to apply the changes

In my example below day time is 5:20AM to 18:00PM

1.png

Go to Camera > Conditions select the Profile: Day
Go to Illuminator and select Fill Light: Warm Light Mode and Mode: Off. (this will have the warm light off during scheduled day time hours)
Hit the Save button!

2.png

Change the Profile to Night
Select Fill Light: Warm Light Mode and Mode: Manual. Set the brightness manually. (this will have the warm light on during scheduled night time hours)
Hit the Save button!

You can also set it to Mode: Auto so the warm light gets brighter if it is too dark. You can also set Smart Illumination so the warm light will come on when it detects something.

3.png

By following the steps above you should have successfully setup a day and night schedule and the warm light should only come on at night.

If you are running one of the new Dahau 3X66 cameras the interface in the settings are in similar sub menus. Camera > Image>Day/Night Switch. You then need to set the Time Plan Settings

Setup the Day and Night profiles to how you want the Illuminator to function.

4.png

Set a Day and Night Time Plan so the camera knows which Illumination settings to use.
5.png

Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

Last edited:

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
Fine tuning my Dahua IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV.
I've set the illuminator's night setting to Auto. As long as I stay in that dialogue it works fine. But as soon as I leave the Settings tab the illuminator goes off. What am I doing wrong? I've clicked Save before leaving the tab.
Make sure the time is 24h, not 12h....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi. Here Is what I found works best for the TiOC warm light.

Set a schedule for day and night. Go to the cameras web page and select Camera > Conditions > Profile Management > Schedule.

Drag the slider to set a suitable time for day and night time hours. Hit the save button to apply the changes

In my example below day time is 5:20AM to 18:00PM

View attachment 183393

Go to Camera > Conditions select the Profile: Day
Go to Illuminator and select Fill Light: Warm Light Mode and Mode: Off. (this will have the warm light off during scheduled day time hours)
Hit the Save button!

View attachment 183400

Change the Profile to Night
Select Fill Light: Warm Light Mode and Mode: Manual. Set the brightness manually. (this will have the warm light on during scheduled night time hours)
Hit the Save button!

You can also set it to Mode: Auto so the warm light gets brighter if it is too dark. You can also set Smart Illumination so the warm light will come on when it detects something.

View attachment 183401

By following the steps above you should have successfully setup a day and night schedule and the warm light should only come on at night.

If you are running one of the new Dahau 3X66 cameras the interface in the settings are in similar sub menus. Camera > Image>Day/Night Switch. You then need to set the Time Plan Settings

Setup the Day and Night profiles to how you want the Illuminator to function.

View attachment 183402

Set a Day and Night Time Plan so the camera knows which Illumination settings to use.
View attachment 183403

Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

Kinda why I asked about the web GUI.

If one is using the new White/Blue GUI, its very easy to leave a short period, say a minute or 3 open to NO profile and miss the little white space between orange (day) and purple (night). When you do this, the camera will for that short period, default everything to AUTO mode.
Ask me how I know...

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here Is what I found works best. Set a schedule for day and night.
Kinda why I asked about the web GUI.

If one is using the new White/Blue GUI, its very easy to leave a short period, say a minute or 3 open to NO profile and miss the little white space between orange (day) and purple (night). When you do this, the camera will for that short period, default everything to AUTO mode.
Ask me how I know...
The time setting slider is a real bad design.

However if you click on your orange and purple bars the time appears on both sides and you can set time manually.

6.png
7.png