Dahua I.P. camera and label / tag.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received a new Dahua I.P. camera yesterday. Noticed the box has labeling / tag but nothing on the camera. Is this normal?

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It depends on the model. For bullets there is usually a label on the body and for turrets there is a tag on the cable.
Also depends on where you bought it from.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It depends on the model. For bullets there is usually a label on the body and for turrets there is a tag on the cable.
Didn't have much time to play with it when it arrived late yesterday but plan on taking a better look when I'm free this Saturday. It's a 5442-LED via Alix... It's a turret or what they call eyeball (dumb naming). I'm in Canada and a comparable camera from ADI was $100 more. Off topic I find the brackets on the Dahua turrets a P.I.A. wrestling with the fit vs a comparable Hikvision turret.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you mean Aliexpress? Could be a cam made for the Chinese market, which is why they could've taken the Chinese label off.
These usually come with 'hacked' English firmware. If you ever try to update it, it'll most likely be bricked and unusable.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean Aliexpress? Could be a cam made for the Chinese market, which is why they could've taken the Chinese label off.
These usually come with 'hacked' English firmware. If you ever try to update it, it'll most likely be bricked and unusable.
Site did claim upgradeable firmware. Been lucky so far with past Dahua cams (not Hikvision) from Alixpress.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good call, the tag was on the cable. I was able to update the firmware as stated on site. Not overly impressed by LED version of 5442 night time low light capabilities, but that's another subject.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It isn't magic and needs light. Are you using the built in white LED?

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It isn't magic and needs light. Are you using the built in white LED?
Definitely need the built in LED. Do use manual mode vs auto on lights but even at 1 it's bright. Ideally a cam with both LED and the ability to see I.R. would be best. LED for winter and I.R. for summer due to flying bugs and spider triggers.