Dahua HDW5231R-Z failing SD-cards

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it any experience with the HDW5231R-Z not being nice to some SD cards? I bought 6 128GB sd cards (original) for my cameras, and it finds my SD card and can format it, but after 5 minutes the SD card die.

Took the card out of the camera, and mounted it in my computer, and its dead - cant be read. Tried with a second new card, and again, after 5 minutes it died.

Anyone experienced this and know the cause could be?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it any experience with the HDW5231R-Z not being nice to some SD cards? I bought 6 128GB sd cards (original) for my cameras, and it finds my SD card and can format it, but after 5 minutes the SD card die.

Took the card out of the camera, and mounted it in my computer, and its dead - cant be read. Tried with a second new card, and again, after 5 minutes it died.

Anyone experienced this and know the cause could be?
Stop using junk sd cards from ali and ebay...it has nothing to do with the camera...there are many fake sd cards on the market...you must buy from a reliable source.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stop using junk sd cards from ali and ebay...it has nothing to do with the camera...there are many fake sd cards on the market...you must buy from a reliable source.
This was actually real Kingston SD cards from a computer store here in Norway thats why I was wondering since it should not be a fake one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This was actually real Kingston SD cards from a computer store here in Norway thats why I was wondering since it should not be a fake one.
computer store is a generic term...who knows what it is...

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
computer store is a generic term...who knows what it is...
True, but thought it was no point naming stores we have here as it will make no sense outside Norway. Its a store equal to bestbuy in the US so they should not be fake.

Maybe a bad batch if its no known issues with the cameras and some brands SD cards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
True, but thought it was no point naming stores we have here as it will make no sense outside Norway. Its a store equal to bestbuy in the US so they should not be fake.

Maybe a bad batch if its no known issues with the cameras and some brands SD cards.
Most here use legit Samsung and SanDisk with no issues... SanDisk has a high endurance card...

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not had any issues with Samsung Evo select cards at all in any size. Try a known good card that is lying around of any size 128GB or less to ensure it works as expected for a day or two. It sounds like they are new and you purchased them locally, so return them to the store with a complaint and buy Samsung or SanDisk.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What firmware version are you on?

I had issues with the latest firmware and once I rolled back a version everything was back to normal with the microSD card behaviour.

I always test any new card with h2testw before putting it near a camera:

H2testw

It will write data to the card until it's full and then read it all back and see whether it's as expected. Any fake cards will usually fail that test.