Dahua HDW4421EMP reset button location with pics

Kurtis500

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I ordered the 5231's and some others as my core cameras. Yesterday I saw a craiglist as that had some Poe cams and thought what the heck, get em and work with it. 2 are hikvision and 1 dahua. Both Hikvisions had to be reset, so whoever did the hack is a hero. Both Hikvisions have awesome picture quality and I got Blue Iris running already. The dahua is a IPC-HDW4421EMP It also has the password locked out. I took it apart to find the reset buttom but I cant find the thing, am I looking right at it but dont know what it is? I didnt want to poke around in this thing too much for fear or breaking something so I'll put up the pics. I did se the 4431 disassemby thread with pics, but my board doesnt have that button. Where that thread shows it is a 2 wire plug on this model...unless Im seeing it wrong. Let me know if its in the pics. I got a great deal on the cams and if its 2 for 3, I guess its ok.

Attachments

Reaction score
There will either be a micro-switch push-button, or two through holes near one of the circuit board corners. If it's the through holes, jumper them together and then apply power to the camera. Keep them jumpered for at least two minutes to insure a thorough factory reset. After that, pull the power, remove the jumper, and reboot as normal.

marione

n3wb
Reaction score
So I ordered the 5231's and some others as my core cameras. Yesterday I saw a craiglist as that had some Poe cams and thought what the heck, get em and work with it. 2 are hikvision and 1 dahua. Both Hikvisions had to be reset, so whoever did the hack is a hero. Both Hikvisions have awesome picture quality and I got Blue Iris running already. The dahua is a IPC-HDW4421EMP It also has the password locked out. I took it apart to find the reset buttom but I cant find the thing, am I looking right at it but dont know what it is? I didnt want to poke around in this thing too much for fear or breaking something so I'll put up the pics. I did se the 4431 disassemby thread with pics, but my board doesnt have that button. Where that thread shows it is a 2 wire plug on this model...unless Im seeing it wrong. Let me know if its in the pics. I got a great deal on the cams and if its 2 for 3, I guess its ok.
have you fixed this trouble?
i have same problem , can you help me?