Dahua HDBW4421 - pings for a bit then seems to restart

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got a camera that up until yesterday seemed to be going, but now I see it not responding.

Its behind an NVR, so if I hook my laptop up to the nvr and put myself on the same subnet I can see the camera pinging for a bit, then it seem to stop.

A couple of times I managed to telnet on to it, but didn't know where to go from there.

Any help? I haven't yet tried taking it down, hoping there's something i can do in situ.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a camera that up until yesterday seemed to be going, but now I see it not responding.

Its behind an NVR, so if I hook my laptop up to the nvr and put myself on the same subnet I can see the camera pinging for a bit, then it seem to stop.

A couple of times I managed to telnet on to it, but didn't know where to go from there.

Any help? I haven't yet tried taking it down, hoping there's something i can do in situ.
Looks like a boot loop. For me, and others, it helped to do a reset with the reset switch inside the cam.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like a boot loop. For me, and others, it helped to do a reset with the reset switch inside the cam.
Same here with a 4431 and the reset fixed it (and it's been fine for months since)

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So on this one, the reset button is a small unmarked button near the sd card?

I pressed it, for a good 60! econds and it seems to have reset it's ip back to 192.168.1.108

This one is behind a dahua nvr. But whenever I go looking for it, I can never find it. The lan side of the nvr is 192.168.10.x, the internal network of the nvr is 192.168.20.x

I plugged a laptop into the nvr and forced its ip to 192.168.1.1 and I could ping the camera, but I still couldn't access the web page.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any other options? I've pulled it down, connected a laptop on 192.168.1.

Config tool can't see it, camera responds in 192.168.1.108. Sometime it starts failing to ping then recovers. No web site is accessible.

Are there any telnet options

I've tried reset button for 5 secs, longer. No difference in behaviour.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any other options? I've pulled it down, connected a laptop on 192.168.1.

Config tool can't see it, camera responds in 192.168.1.108. Sometime it starts failing to ping then recovers. No web site is accessible.

Are there any telnet options

I've tried reset button for 5 secs, longer. No difference in behaviour.
I didn't reset mine that long. Did you try it for a shorter time? I would try it some more times with the reset switch. If that doesn't work out solder a serial connection to your cam or get a new one.
Before soldering check for your warranty

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The resets don't seem to be working for me, and I'm not really sure I want to play with serial cables, but I guess I will if I have to.

Can I use this procedure?
Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

I'm getting into telnet ok (root/vizxv). And this upgraded seems to do soemthing, it's looking for an upgrade file.

But this sending via port 3800 from the configtool, I don't understand that.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When the camera starts responding to the ping command try to connect via configtool via port 3800 and see if the camera stays online.

If so then you can apply the firmware via the configtool.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When the camera starts responding to the ping command try to connect via configtool via port 3800 and see if the camera stays online.

If so then you can apply the firmware via the configtool.
What credentials will it accept?

I've tried the telnet user name (root). And when i try Admin/admin in the console log I see it talking about mnt/Mtd/config/passd not found and account not found.

Looks like I need to get an account made in there somehow as it hasn't got to that state as part of the reset.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should use your web access account which you have created in the initial setup.

Did you create that account?

Edit:
Red you did a factory reset. Then it would be admin/admin indeed.

Last edited:

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah so I tried admin/admin and when i look at the telnet connected console I see the following:
Can't Open /mnt/mtd/Config/passwd
Can't Open /mnt/mtd/Config/Account1, will use system password
Account not exists.

For some reason it's like the reset hasn't worked properly, and it hasn't completely reset it. Ie it's returned to 192.168.1.108, but hasn't created user accounts, and the web server doesn't start.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
kinda weird. Did you also tried to use your previous password? The password which you used before the reset?

my hdbw4431 does a factory reset in 8 seconds. I can see that when the IR leds are active after holding the reset button when the camera is powered.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gould thought. But alas no. Same response. No account found.

I get no lights when either pressing the reset button, or holding it for an extended period.