Dahua firmware

Reaction score
Hello forum,

My ip camera is a dahua IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS and firmware 2.800.0000013.0.R.2019-12-2.
The original firmware was 2.622.0000000.23.R. 2018-03-30. After upgrading it didn't work again but I can initialize it from my NVR.
Does anyone has the old firmware to roll it back and try to fix it?

M

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Search around on the forum. There are a number of post from @EMPIRETECANDY than contain firmware.

Andy is the a forum member ne is an international seller of dahua and some hikvision camera.

sometimes it is better to use google to search the forum, in the google search bar
site:ipcamtalk.com ??????
where ?????? is the item you are searching for

Reaction score
I did search the google and also the forum. I didn't found the firmware for this model but I found the firmware with the same version for other models.
I try to update it but without success. Maybe the firmware is not the right one,
Can @EMPIRETECANDY try to find the old one?
With the new sometimes its working sometimes not. Its not stable.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello forum,

My ip camera is a dahua IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS and firmware 2.800.0000013.0.R.2019-12-2.
The original firmware was 2.622.0000000.23.R. 2018-03-30. After upgrading it didn't work again but I can initialize it from my NVR.
Does anyone has the old firmware to roll it back and try to fix it?

M
Be sure to reset the cam back to defaults after any upgrade.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mharalambous, what suffix does your camera have?

As there's a /VFS and a -S2 versions available, and firmware is specific to a model or device. And if you fash the wrong firmware you'll end up software bricking it.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
mharalambous, I realize this is slightly off from your post topic, but want to let you know my information because I am in a similar situation where I want to roll back to a previous firmware. You may not be able to roll back to 2.622 from 2.800. I have a couple of 1831E that have strange issue after 2.800 update and wanted to also roll back to 2.622, but I checked with Andy, and apparently I cannot because there is some type of security setting in newer firmware that prevent rollback to a previous firmware. I get this error. With no replies to my original post, I have little option other than to wait for next firmware update to see if issue resolved. This may or may not be applicable to your camera.

image.png

Last edited:

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
apparently I cannot because there is some type of security setting in newer firmware that prevent rollback to a previous firmware
The main reason is the enhanced security in the newer firmware... With all the hacking going on they are trying to make the cameras a little more secure...

Just a thought.....

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought that the firmware issue was something that only affects China region hardware, due to the English firmware for them being a hacked version.

At least that's what I think.

Reaction score
I did factory reset but the same issues.
msquared: I did roll back my NVR when I update it. It was too slow and it was ok after going back to factory firmware. I don't know about the cameras. But i am not sure if the firm i found is the correct!

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
After you upgrade a cam to 2.80 xxx and beyond there is no going back.. The NVR's will allow rollback if updated to the new 4.0 xx FW

Reaction score
jmcu your right. I can not go to previous version.
Does anyone knows where and if I can find parts for cameras. I search ebay, amazon but nothing.