Dahua Firmware Page... pulled?

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
I was rather used to having a convenient spot for downloading firmware as needed at address Index of /images/Files/Firmware but this site no longer has a catalog of firmware (see pic).

Does anyone know if this has been moved, and if so, what the new location is? Or, has the firmware been removed from public completely?

IDK. What's the story??

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy has all the firmware for cams he sells here:

bottom of page for PDF file.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In today's blame society, someone updates with the wrong firmware and bricks the unit and then they want to hold the person accountable that provided said firmware. Many companies are starting to remove firmware from their website as there are so many variations of cameras out there.

Another thing to consider is that the same model could have different firmware for different chipsets used during the life of that model. So you run the risk of bricking if you do not know what chipset you have.

Here is an example - the HFW3549T1-AS-PV is available in 2 versions of firmware across 3 different chipsets for the same model camera:
  • HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S4 uses the HX3XXX-Taurus firmware.
  • HFW3549T1-AS-PV and IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S3 use the HX5XXX-Volt firmware
In this instance, Dahua added an S# designation after the model number (while Hikvision adds a C), but many do not and then you try to update with a firmware not compatible with your chipset and potentially brick it.

It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1666892544039.png

DanSan

n3wb
Reaction score
So this has been moved? What the new location is? Or, has the firmware been removed from public completely?

I couldn't tell because it wasn't explicitly stated: One was a sales pitch, and the other a copy-paste response.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is all we got for ya....

Andy's firmware site for cameras he sells and the best answer we have is that Dahua and others are removing them because they are tired of taking calls of people bricking units.

Plus, you have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Dahua and Hikvision target audience, it is the professional installers that are authorized to sell and install this gear, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from for support or firmware updates. Many people have bought a "Hikvision" or "Dahua" from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt - we have dozens of threads were people come here after trying that route. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer.

So it seems plausible that this is the reason they are removing firmware links.

Sorry you don't like a copy-paste response LOL, but copy-paste is what one does when a simple search here would have found several threads started of people asking the same thing and basically stating what we did above...

What seems to still be available is look up the specific model on Dahua site and see if they still have the firmware available on a camera specific page. But the same caution caveats apply and one should really go to the seller to obtain firmware.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I have this IPC-color4k-T180 that seems to have some problems. like the Event Sub 000000190. and IVS not sending to BI. is there no longer a way to update the firmware? if so how can I find the link for the latest FW. thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, I have this IPC-color4k-T180 that seems to have some problems. like the Event Sub 000000190. and IVS not sending to BI. is there no longer a way to update the firmware? if so how can I find the link for the latest FW. thanks.
If you bought it from Andy, the firmware is here, but a firmware update won't fix that as it is a BI issue at the moment. You must be running BI 5.7.5 or newer? If so, rollback to the latest stable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Exactly LOL.

When the same questions are asked over and over again, we have a few choices:
  1. Ignore it and hope they figure out the search tool LOL
  2. Copy/paste and if relevant provide links to where it has been asked and answered before
  3. Tell them bluntly that is what the Search Tool is for
  4. Tell them bluntly to read the help file
And depending on the mood of the responding member, they may do any or some combination of the above LOL

I have my own version of FAQ responses bookmarked for easy copy/paste LOL

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you bought it from Andy, the firmware is here, but a firmware update won't fix that as it is a BI issue at the moment. You must be running BI 5.7.5 or newer? If so, rollback to the latest stable.

I'm running BI 5.7.1.3 what BI version do you recommend?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running BI 5.7.1.3 what BI version do you recommend?
We are cross-threading LOL. Wow it should work in that version.

I have seen many instances where this new GUI didn't work properly with BI until a few factory resets on the camera.

My standard practice is to factory reset every camera I get.

When you updated did you factory reset 3 times, apply firmware, and factory reset 3 more times?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We are cross-threading LOL. Wow it should work in that version.

I have seen many instances where this new GUI didn't work properly with BI until a few factory resets on the camera.

My standard practice is to factory reset every camera I get.

When you updated did you factory reset 3 times, apply firmware, and factory reset 3 more times?
No. the camera is out in the rain at the moment. But I'll do that as soon as I get the chance. I did read where the factory reset helped. By the way, I promise I did search for the FW with no luck. And, to tell you the truth, Andy sent me a link to FW update a while back. I just didn't update at the time because I had not had time to fiddle with the camera. By that time I lost the info Andy had sent. He sent me the how to install FW today. But I also needed the actual link to the FW. Thanks to you all is good so far.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't imagine @wittaj, @TonyR, and numerous other members here NOT copy and pasting here frequently, week to week. Though props to ya if you are typing the same information every time.

Work smarter... not harder.
Control C / Control V has been my best friend since circa 1982 (I think) from WordStar. WordStar was rare among word processing programs in that it permitted the user to mark (highlight) a block of text (with ^KB and ^KK commands) and leave it marked in place, and then go to a different position in the document and later (even after considerable work on other things) copy the block (with ^KC) or move it to a new location (with ^KV). So dropping the "K" and remembering "C" and "V" was easy, even for me after 40 years now.

You'd be surprised how many of my clients that have been "using" PC's for over 20 years don't know about copy/paste and their eyes gloss over when they're watching and I copy from a web page and paste into a document or e-mail....they just never knew...or forgot long ago.

Use it or lose it! :cool:

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There was a link on this forum from some guys own personal One Drive. He used to keep all the latest unbranded General versions of Dahua firmware and did a great job at keeping it up to date. Link has died in the last few months. Wonder what happened to him?

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another possibility to bear in mind is that some older firmware has known cyber security issues, so it is prudent to remove these from circulation.
This goes for all manufacturers of any electronic device.
Legacy drivers for windows as an example are becoming something more commonly found on community sites rather than vendors.
Blame mitigation.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Control C / Control V has been my best friend since circa 1982 (I think) from WordStar. WordStar was rare among word processing programs in that it permitted the user to mark (highlight) a block of text (with ^KB and ^KK commands) and leave it marked in place, and then go to a different position in the document and later (even after considerable work on other things) copy the block (with ^KC) or move it to a new location (with ^KV). So dropping the "K" and remembering "C" and "V" was easy, even for me after 40 years now.

You'd be surprised how many of my clients that have been "using" PC's for over 20 years don't know about copy/paste and their eyes gloss over when they're watching and I copy from a web page and paste into a document or e-mail....they just never knew...or forgot long ago.

Use it or lose it! :cool:
I've been using the copy/paste function forever, but just recently learned about the Control V function. I never had a need to learn keyboard shortcuts until now. We have a program in our service department that requires a vehicle's 17 digit VIN number to be entered into another program to retrieve diagnostic information, but copy/paste doesn't work. My coworker, who is 35 years younger than me, showed me the Control V shortcut. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
:smash: