Dahua Enable Telnet

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What would be the best way to go about making an external backup copy of the cam? Surely there's got to be a better way than having to TFTP each file individually.

With my Huisun cam, I was able to archive each directory as a TAR and then TFTP the TAR files. I see no way of making an archive on the Dahua...For my Hikvisions, I was able to mount my windows shared folder, but I can't seem to get that working on the Dahua either.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What would be the best way to go about making an external backup copy of the cam? Surely there's got to be a better way than having to TFTP each file individually.

With my Huisun cam, I was able to archive each directory as a TAR and then TFTP the TAR files. I see no way of making an archive on the Dahua...For my Hikvisions, I was able to mount my windows shared folder, but I can't seem to get that working on the Dahua either.
Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I went ahead and manually copied all 14 of the mtdblock files. Is that really all that needs backing up to do a restore? Nothing else at all in any of the directories that would be important to back up?

Last edited:

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I went ahead and manually copied all 14 of the mtdblock files. Is that really all that needs backing up to do a restore? Nothing else at all in any of the directories that would be important to back up?
The MTD files represent the partitions of the camera's flash memory. So everything is in there.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see...and just to clarify, all you need is the mtdblock"x" files (where "x" is a number)? Because I see there's also mtd"x" and mtd"x"ro...
Same content, different filetype.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same content, different filetype.
Ok, great!

Do you know if it would be possible for me to add FFMPEG into the camera? I use this on an external computer to convert the RTSP stream to RTMP and push to the web. Would be interesting if this could be done internally without the need for the external computer.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@cor35vet So the cam didn't like the new firmware and now it's bricked.

Edit to update: By following the directions on the "unbrick" thread, I managed to TFTP the old firmware back...Any idea why it bricked with the new firmware? It accepted it with no problem then restarted but it never would finish it's boot cycle...Would just hang up with no way to access the web interface, telnet or find it with configtool..I'm assuming it must have been something to do with that signature check removal? Not sure what else to do to make it accept the new version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://<ip-address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Telnet.Enable=true
Hellow , I have an issue while entering this URL , I have a IP with port as 192.168.0.100:8081 I use to enter with port but as I do not have any admin password so in that case what should I do? I have just a user level user password available for Dahua DVR

hosam105

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I have Dahua model No
IPC-HFW2228M-I1-V2 Chinese firmware
2.420.0000.27.R, Build Date: 2017-08-03 and I need to make it English also telnet connection refused so please help me to make it English and open telnet

doortrim

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I tell telnet password for NVR DAHAU. help me please
Standard passwords are not working

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, great!

Do you know if it would be possible for me to add FFMPEG into the camera? I use this on an external computer to convert the RTSP stream to RTMP and push to the web. Would be interesting if this could be done internally without the need for the external computer.
FFmpeg using RTSP wont work because of lack of CPU but modified version of ffmpeg with input as /dev/venc takes only 3% of CPU power and streams to YT like a charm.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Speed666 said:
FFmpeg using RTSP wont work because of lack of CPU but modified version of ffmpeg with input as /dev/venc takes only 3% of CPU power and streams to YT like a charm
Sounds very interresting... Can you explain this more exactly?

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a working sollution which runs in camera and forwards stream to YR or FB Live from itself. My own work that i use.