Dahua dvr not sending emails

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an old icrealtime that is not letting me send emails for motion detection or alarms

Firmware is 2.606 last updated in 2009. Icrealtime told me to contact them tommorrow but didnt know if anything else I could try in a meantime

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure SSL is checked and make sure the smtp port is correct. Also, I aways use Gmail for email notification since some others do not allow emails thru the dvr.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its the same gmail that works...on new dvrs and I checked the ssl box.on machine. The dns settings keep unchecking also.on static.or dhcp ip . Im at a loss

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has the customer changed his ISP? Sometimes they put a block on certain type of emails going out. Are you using a gmail account and sending to a gmail account? When you click test, do you get fail?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ISP is the same as my ip. Its the only isp in town :)

When I use pss 4.06 I click test and it says it succeeded but it also says it succeeded if I put in a bogus email account and password..

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't have guessed that it said successful. Does your email receive a test email? Have you tried contacting ICrealitme for a newer firmware?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't have guessed that it said successful. Does your email receive a test email? Have you tried contacting ICrealitme for a newer firmware?
I'm going to try to on Wednesday when I'm off work. I emailed them and they told me to call.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
called Icrealtime and looks like it wasn't even their dvr.... But they did try to give me a hand with it and still no go.

I thought maybe the previous installer just pulled the labels off of the dvr since he was an odd person from what I could see from his previous work.