DAHUA DHI-XVR5108HS-4KL Firmware

MontyB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought this NVR from a dutch webshop 3 years ago,. It seemed one of the only solutions to reuse the existing coax from the old camera's.

Looking for a firmware update I saw this product is EoL. No firmware is available from the dahua website. It even seems it was never revised. It runs now on a software version V3.218.0000002.3 (build 208-06-01).

Was there a way I could have known this product would be so fast EoL?

It is also disappointing in an environmental way that this product is ready to be thrown in a bin

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought this NVR from a dutch webshop 3 years ago,. It seemed one of the only solutions to reuse the existing coax from the old camera's.

Looking for a firmware update I saw this product is EoL. No firmware is available from the dahua website. It even seems it was never revised. It runs now on a software version V3.218.0000002.3 (build 208-06-01).

Was there a way I could have known this product would be so fast EoL?

It is also disappointing in an environmental way that this product is ready to be thrown in a bin
If it serves your purpose, it's fine still. No need to bin it.

MontyB

n3wb
Reaction score
If it serves your purpose, it's fine still. No need to bin it.
That's the point: AI has been improved on the newer releases. I'm unable to set the IVS rules (tripwire) on this NVR (error message: it has exceeded the device max analysis channel treshold)
I have another site with a camera which works fine with tripwire and the gDMSS Plus app.

Having the message from this NVR on the app would be nice, but seems impossible to me