Dahua DHI-NVR4232-4KS2 won't live view cameras

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought this Dahua NVR and I can't get it to play any of my camera's, It recognizes them on the add camera page and they all have a green dot next to them but they don't appear in the live view page so you can view them, all the Camera are onvif and I can access them through their own interface but the nvr will not let me view them, Any ideas? Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what are the make and models of the cameras ?
Are you using the POE switch built into the NVR
If so are you using the correct subnet for the port ?

General advice, do not mix manufactures of the NVR and cameras, you will loose functionality. Do not mix Chinese hacked cameras and an international NVR, or visa versa. Some manufacture block there use .

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are the Chinese specials, the ptz bullet type from a few years ago, they have been pretty much flawless though, These do work good in blue iris, I hate to buy all new cameras at this point, until they fail anyway, I was hoping to get them to work with this nvr, I have a separate poe switch powering the cameras, this nvr only has the 1 ethernet port on it, all cameras go through it, What ports are needed for video on the Dahua nvr? The camera do show up and have a green indictor next to them, It shows all their settings and it matches what the cameras do have set as static settings, I did put one of them to dhcp to see if that helped but no changes, nvr is at latest revision,

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is all I can get out of it, the list of camera's doesn't show up on the view live page.IMG_1233.jpgIMG_1231.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried viewing them through smartPSS? What browser are you using? Looks like you are using a poe switch by the IP Addresses I'm seeing. Since all your green lights are on, you might have a plug in issue with the browser.

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was using Edge but switched to IE and tried it in admin mode and it still won't show cameras, I can view all the cameras in IE by logging into them separately but I cannot get this thing to work, I did try it at home first where I have 2 other Chinese camera's and it worked great on them, I wonder if Dahua needs specific ports named for it to see video, 37777?

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I looked in Blue Iris and found what channels it was using for rtsp and copied that into the Dahua for 1 of the cameras now I can view the camera on the setup image page but it still wont transfer to the live screen, I also cannot name the cameras, see picture, anything i put in and click save it says operation failed.
IMG_1234.jpgIMG_1235.jpg

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you hook it up to a TV or monitor through the HDMI port? This will definitely rule out any browser related problem.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Edge will not work, Go to your file explorer, windows---> system32---you should see a "webrec" folder. Delete it, that's where the plugins reside. Restart IE and it will re install the plugins for IE, They ALL have to install and need permission,I think it will prompt you like 5 times. If that does not work, again go to the Dahua site and download a copy of SmartPSS , That does not use plugins and add your NVR Only to it, you will see a list of your cams and you should be able to see them.
I also remember someplace here where other people had this issue and a firmware update fixed this but my memory is not so great. One other thing is when you log in direct with a browser to the NVR, under system you should see a display tab, check your resolution settings, if your monitor is older, you might have to kick the resolution down.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the a registration page with the green indicators, can you click the pencil icon (modify) and change one of the cameras to port 37777..?

Just guessing, but I’ve never seen cameras register with ports like that shown. I wonder if the cameras are using those 8xxx ports for their stream and the nvr is using Dahua standard 37777 ..??

I suppose if that guess is correct, you’d need to change the port on the camera under network to 37777 also...

only on coffee #1 but I’m thinking those ports may be the problem....

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use I.E browser, if still same clear your browser cache
goto C drive>program file>webrec delete it
goto C drive>program file(x86)> webrec delete it

restart your browser and login your NVR and download plugin again. should work

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use I.E browser, if still same clear your browser cache
goto C drive>program file>webrec delete it
goto C drive>program file(x86)> webrec delete it

restart your browser and login your NVR and download plugin again. should work

Thanks for the info but it didn't work, The problem seems to be with ports for video, Not sure what Dahua wants to see on that, I know the 37777 and tried that on one cam but no dice, A friend has the same nvr with amcrest cams and it works good for him

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's any help, this is what my camera page looks like on IE11. If you haven't tried it, run IE in admin mode. I have to run in admin mode for all of the functions to work. I never took the time to try to figure out why.

Capture.JPG