Dahua DHI-ITC237-PU1B-IR

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi Guys,

im looking at this camera for a rural property. Night time, no light but we want to capture license plates as they enter the property. Dahua
DHI-ITC237-PU1B-IR

This one looked suitable.

We are using blue iris though so my question is really, how would this work with LPR and by that i mean the functions of the camera are they able to be manipulated inside BI? I assume not. id assume it simply records everything and it would require manual review?

thanks

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Havent used it but I would think BI would be able to manage all of the normal functions of thecamera, but doubt it would interface with the onboard LPR algorithm and database. It may not work with US plates ?
<60Km/H, *20kmh for Australia and New Zealand

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im using Australian number plates, and 20km/hr would be fine I would imagine as its a gate and theres a sharp bend, so that would work just fine.

How does the LPR algorithm work? We just want to expose number plates correctly.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Software within the camera recognizes and creates database of plates. I imagine its very similar to this

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ahhh. I wonder if that database can be exposed via HTML to another web page? Because I can display that data elsewhere