DAHUA DHI-IPC62F66 rewiring help

grpoole121

n3wb
Reaction score
4854BDBB-CF11-4A95-8318-C34CA8CB7A76.jpeg FBA00AEA-9B04-482F-B808-F549B81B0AE4.jpeg I have a dahua H.265 6MP FISHEYE POE IP67 IK10 camera that the wiring was cut on and I need a little help to rewire does anyone know color codes for wiring so I can get this back up and running? Or the best way to tell what wires go where?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
WOW! Good luck on finding a diagram for that, If were life or death for me I would disconnect it from the inside, put it into some kind of clamping and TRY to separate em out with a OHM meter or continuity meter. More than likely you have some of those wires on your plug that end up on the same wire in your harness. How did you manage to cut that, almost looks like a hacksaw. Looks like you have solid blues on both sides and they most likely tie off the pigtail together. The other end of the pigtail might give you some clues as to how many wires you have VS how many pin connections on your plastic connectors.

Last edited:

grpoole121

n3wb
Reaction score
WOW! Good luck on finding a diagram for that, If were life or death for me I would disconnect it from the inside, put it into some kind of clamping and TRY to separate em out with a OHM meter or continuity meter. More than likely you have some of those wires on your plug that end up on the same wire in your harness. How did you manage to cut that, almost looks like a hacksaw. Looks like you have solid blues on both sides and they most likely tie off the pigtail together. The other end of the pigtail might give you some clues as to how many wires you have VS how many pin connections on your plastic connectors.
Dumpster diving find and caught three teens breaking into my neighbors car last night so I am just trying to get some video up and running not even really all the WiFi stuff needs to work could I possibly just connect power wire ground wire and a video wire and it work?

grpoole121

n3wb
Reaction score
Keep in mind I know very little of the electronic process I am trying to learn as I go. Seems the best way to teach myself by taking things apart and rebuilding them

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind I know very little of the electronic process I am trying to learn as I go. Seems the best way to teach myself by taking things apart and rebuilding them
If you know very little you might just throw it back in the dumpster. Im pretty seasoned and looking at the wiring you got I think I would not waste my time on it. The cam could have been dead and somebody just chucked it.

grpoole121

n3wb
Reaction score
appreciate it. To me it’s less about the time and more about the entertainment of fixing something someone else didn’t see worth fixing. Gives me a little sense of satisfaction haha especially when it’s something I could put to good use.. thanks for your help

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
appreciate it. To me it’s less about the time and more about the entertainment of fixing something someone else didn’t see worth fixing. Gives me a little sense of satisfaction haha especially when it’s something I could put to good use.. thanks for your help
Hi @grpoole121

Good to hear you're looking to learn more, what I would do is look for another similar Dahua being sold for parts only - or dumped with a good wiring harness, and try swapping it out.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're missing a metal mounting plate that is required to mount the camera.

You'll need to get a PoE switch. Powering the camera with PoE would be the easiest option, the cameras can be picky when it comes to 12v power. PoE works the best unless someone destroyed the PoE circuit by letting fill the connector.

The stub of the cable the remains in your picture looks like a corroded mess.

Ethernet uses 4 twisted pairs of wires. Most cameras only use 100Base-T ethernet and only use 2 twisted pairs. Some cameras like fish eye cameras, multi sensor cameras, and some higher end models, have 1000Base-T ethernet and can use all 8 wires for data. This camera is in that category. It will still link if you plug it in to a 10/100 PoE switch. It would be challenging to splice things together in a manner that would operate at gigabit speeds.

Since this camera uses all 8 Ethernet wires, it will be significantly harder to figure out where you need to connect the wires.

This camera does not have wifi. The only way to make it work is via ethernet.

grpoole121

n3wb
Reaction score
Well shiiiiii since it sounds like pretty much everyone including my father has told me it’s gonna be a pain in the rear to fix lol can anyone think of something else I can possibly do with the internal components of this camera? I hate to throw away something with so many cool parts in it... surely there’s something interesting I can build out of it?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well shiiiiii since it sounds like pretty much everyone including my father has told me it’s gonna be a pain in the rear to fix lol can anyone think of something else I can possibly do with the internal components of this camera? I hate to throw away something with so many cool parts in it... surely there’s something interesting I can build out of it?
Just because it's PITA doesn't mean you shouldn't try. There's very little risk as you don't really care if you destroy it.

As I mentioned earlier the cable for this camera has more wires than most.
Those wires are:
  • 4 twisted pairs for ethernet. Minimum 2 (the right ones) must be used. These appear to be the colored twisted wires the connect to J14. The standard wire colors are even present so there's a fairly reasonable guess you could make, but they may not have followed the standard color code. NOTE: these cameras usually don't use the standard color code, so that's unusual.
  • 12VDC power input, probably the red and black wires. NO GUARANTIES!
  • 2 alarm inputs which would use 2-4 wires.
  • 2 alarm outputs. On this camera these are actually hooked to relays, also a bit uncommon. These are part of J27. The relays are JK2 and JK3 on the board. 4 wires.
  • Audio in and audio out 3-4 wires, you'll find an op amp or two in the vivacity.
Out of all those wires, there are only 4 the have to be connected to make the camera do something. These are most likely the orange and green twisted pairs that connect to J14.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Chris Mat and tangent for your input by the way :)
No problem, @tangent pointed out a good point about corrosion on the stub, that cam was most likely in a ceiling someplace and got water damage so they might have just cut it out and chucked it. I know If it was me and I had the job of replacing it I would have kept it intact unless I knew it got toasted by water. Or it just got wet in the dumpster, who knows but again, those conditions and the unknown likely hood that the cam was fubar to begin with would tell me not to waste my time with that one. But that just me.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, @tangent pointed out a good point about corrosion on the stub, that cam was most likely in a ceiling someplace and got water damage so they might have just cut it out and chucked it. I know If it was me and I had the job of replacing it I would have kept it intact unless I knew it got toasted by water. Or it just got wet in the dumpster, who knows but again, those conditions and the unknown likely hood that the cam was fubar to begin with would tell me not to waste my time with that one. But that just me.
What looks like corrosion could just be a bunch of ceiling tile dust.

All I'd do is cut all the wires close to the sealant on the inside. Connect the orange and green pairs to the T568B pins on an RJ45 keystone and plug it into an 802.3af PoE switch to see if it turns on and if it functions. 10-30 minutes of effort.
Here's a cheap PoE switch that may be available locally. Tenda 5-Port PoE 10/100 Switch - Micro Center

If it works you'd hear some clicking or see the ir lights turn on, the first thing you'd need to do is reset it by holding the button in the camera for more than 30 seconds. If it doesn't you could always try connecting a 12VDC power supply 1amp or higher power supply, but if you hook the up wrong you'll be making sure it's dead.. Then you'd try to connect to it at 192.168.1.108, your computer must be in the same subnet.

If it works, then I'd grab some calipers or a metric ruler and try to confirm what connector was used it's probably something like a JST or ZST connector. I'd order a 12 position connector with wires already attached, twist pairs if needed, use pliers or a drill to open up the hole for the cable, fish it through and punch it down. Then possibly add a dab of solder for good measure, the wires might be too small to punch down properly.

Last edited: