DAHUA DH-SD59225U-HNI VS Dahua SD49225XA-HNR

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am just wondering which camera would be best, the ideal camera would be mounted quite high and would need to have decent auto-tracking, I like the AI Features of the SD49225XA but I am not sure the advantages of the SD59225U, I can get the SD59225U quicker to my door so just curious if it would be better to wait longer & get the SD49225 if it's a better camera.

Kind regards
Leap

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am just wondering which camera would be best, the ideal camera would be mounted quite high and would need to have decent auto-tracking, I like the AI Features of the SD49225XA but I am not sure the advantages of the SD59225U, I can get the SD59225U quicker to my door so just curious if it would be better to wait longer & get the SD49225 if it's a better camera.

Kind regards
Leap
Had the 59225 and auto tracking does not work well at all. Just got the SD49225XA-HNR and it is so much better and has a better sensor.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the 4MP version 49425 as I could get it quicker and it is a beast! I am shocked how well it works for auto tracking right out of the box.

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the 59225 and auto tracking does not work well at all. Just got the SD49225XA-HNR and it is so much better and has a better sensor.
Interesting!, I see most vendors don't seem to understand that it works with auto-tracking and on the specifications it' doesn't say that auto-tracking is a feature im just curious about this is there a specific firmware it needs updating once receiving to gain autotracking? Thanks.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read this thread..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY directly or his Amazon or Aliexpress store, it will have it. Otherwise, it may not and the vendor you purchased it from may not be able to provide the FW. Autotracking was removed from it and a lot of vendors are selling the non-autotrack version. If they state it doesn't have it, then they probably cannot get it.

Last edited:

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
If you purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY directly or his Amazon or Aliexpress store, it will have have it. Otherwise, it may not and the vendor you purchased it from may not be able to provide the FW. Autotracking was removed from it and a lot of vendors are selling the non-autotrack version. If they state it doesn't have it, then they probably cannot get it.
Okay that sounds great, Do you by chance know where I can find his Aliexpress link? I have tried searching the forum but have not come up with anything.
Thanks

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Leapy message andy directly. He will do his best to help you. Also, it will almost likely be way cheaper from hom and has support from him down the road.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just upgraded from the 59225, to the 49225 and it is way better. Slightly smaller and lighter as well.
Just contact Andy. I got it in three days!!

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Leapy message andy directly. He will do his best to help you. Also, it will almost likely be way cheaper from hom and has support from him down the road.
Thanks! Placed an Order with Andy for the 4 MP version, @EMPIRETECANDY replied very fast and has been very helpful through the process! Just can't wait to receive it now! haha.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the 4MP version a couple weeks ago from @EMPIRETECANDY - you will be amazed at how well it autotracks right out of the box! I mean I am still tweaking it LOL cause that is half the fun, but what a great camera at that price point!

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got the 4MP version a couple weeks ago from @EMPIRETECANDY - you will be amazed at how well it autotracks right out of the box! I mean I am still tweaking it LOL cause that is half the fun, but what a great camera at that price point!
It really is part of the fun, Just curious I presume with something like Blue Iris all the Dahua side Facial Recognition stuff will NOT work? I am looking into using Dahua's DSS Software to do all recording & motion detection, facial recognition. and my concern was that DSS would know when the cam is "auto-tracking" and would not set off motion detection but something like Blue Iris would not know and think the panning is action that should be recorded? Just curious how you have it setup thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Leapy - So I am still playing with mine and learning all the features. I first wanted to make sure it was getting what I wanted tracked and what I didn't not being tracked.

You can set up BI to only record on the ONVIF events. Or you can just let the camera do its thing and let BI record when it records.

I record 24/7 and let it pick up alerts based on motion that BI sees. I don't want to track vehicles driving up and down the street for example, but I would like to capture an alert in BI for each vehicle.

I may change that in the future, but baby steps lol. I am sure people here have figured out how to pull facial recognition and stuff of the cams in BI but I am not to the point yet LOL.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I see you are in the UK and could have got you this camera at trade price which would be cheaper than any Chinese seller by the time you Pay Tax and customs charges the Sd49225XA-HNR works out around £295 with a 3 year UK warranty ( Next Day Exchange ) and trust me if anything goes wrong with non UK camera's it's a nightmare returning them.

You do know the 4mp version is no where as good as the 2mp for night time more pixels means smaller pixels means less light to enter the sensor. This all depends on how much light you have outside of course.

The old sd59225U was a lame camera in a lot of departments auto tracking was non existent and very un reliable along with the focus system. The new SD49225XA-HNR is a completely different beast with it's Ai and it's excellent sensor.