Dahua ConfigTool - bug reports

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Installed from installer:
http://www.dahuawiki.com/images/Software/ConfigTool/General_ConfigTool_ChnEng_V4.05.0.R.20161215.exe
General_ConfigTool_ChnEng_V4.05.0.R.20161215.exe

Bug #1:
- file properties for the installed ConfigTool.exe in the program files folder, Details tab on the file properties, says that File Version is 4.0.4.0. Which does not match the version in the installer's title.

Bug #2:
- ConfigTool crashes when I attempt to use the Export feature. OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter. No file is created, ConfigTool instantly closes when I press Save on the Export dialog box.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bug #3:
- ConfigTool finds version on only about 25% of cameras that it lists. My list contains about 250 cameras, spread over about 5 models.

Reaction score
I've been trying to use the Dahua config tool. I have tried several versions the latest being 5.0. every one loads a very small version of the tool window that I cannot resize larger. It looks to be about 10% of what should be normal. I can make selections on it using a magnifying glass but can't relocate it. I have been searching for other occurrences on this site but can't find any. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I've been trying to use the Dahua config tool. I have tried several versions the latest being 5.0. every one loads a very small version of the tool window that I cannot resize larger. It looks to be about 10% of what should be normal. I can make selections on it using a magnifying glass but can't relocate it. I have been searching for other occurrences on this site but can't find any. Any suggestions?
I'm running into this same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Old thread!

The biggest change since I last posted was that it seems all the latest few years of Dahua firmware no longer allows an app like ConfigTool to activate a factory new camera. Instead a person has to go the camera's webUI and progress through the wizard. Which defeats one of the major features of the tool.

hsimah

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running into this same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?
  1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ConfigTool in File Explorer
  2. Find ConfigTool.exe
  3. Right click and select Properties
  4. Click Compatibility tab
  5. Select Change Settings For All Users down the bottom
  6. Enable Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7
  7. Click Change high DPI settings
  8. Enable Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by: System (Enhanced)
  9. Keep clicking Ok until the various windows close, then try open ConfigTool.exe and see if that resolves issues as it did for me

Reaction score
  1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ConfigTool in File Explorer
  2. Find ConfigTool.exe
  3. Right click and select Properties
  4. Click Compatibility tab
  5. Select Change Settings For All Users down the bottom
  6. Enable Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7
  7. Click Change high DPI settings
  8. Enable Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by: System (Enhanced)
  9. Keep clicking Ok until the various windows close, then try open ConfigTool.exe and see if that resolves issues as it did for me
I just had a chance to try this and it worked!! Thanks so much.