Dahua config ignores alarm settings

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Dahua NVR4104-P-4KS2 with two Dahua camera's connected through PoE. I have configured some tripwire and intrusion alerts and configured SMTP so I get emails with a screenshot whenever an alarm is triggered. This works fine and at the same time is the problem. I've configured the alarms to be active only during the night, but I still get (a lot of) emails during the day.

I checked SmartPSS, the web interface as well as the NVR interface and nothing seems to be misconfigured anymore. Any thoughts on what may be wrong here?

Does anyone know how to contact Dahua about bugs or feature requests? Is there are channek available for user feedback?

Thank you

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you make the IVS rules on the cameras themselves?

Show us a screencap of the IVS rule on the camera
Show us a screencap of the Recording schedule on the NVR

Reaction score
No, AFAIK I created the IVS rules after I conencted them to the NVR. I played around with one camera before hooking it up to the NVR, but the issue is with both cameras.

The cameras are connected to the NVR with a separate IP subnet, I can't connnect to the camera directly. Or am I overlooking something?

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to set the tripwire or whatever you want through camera as bigredfish says. You need to go through the nvrs ip from a pc and in the camera section hit the ie of the camera you want. From there you will set the rules. Do NOT set the rules from the nvr.

Reaction score
Thanks for the good advice. I accessed cameras through IE and configured the schedules that were indeed still default. Will check this evening if its working, the emails have stopped during the day at least, but I hope not completely. Strange that some other settings like SMTP server are also not configured on the cameras as on the NVR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When connected to a PoE NVR, the cameras can’t send email. The NVR does it for them. Set IVS rules on the camera, set email and recording on the NVR