Dahua CCTV NVR not showing motion parts.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
However in the last 1/2 hr, found a most annoying issue, my new Dahua player is not recording motion, even when set, I just see 24/7 recording, no yellow bits etc to show when motion was, that's with the Dahua and Hikvision cameras, only cameras purely set to motion only are showing the motion bits. Everything was fine when plugged into the Lorex NVR, i.e showed the general 24/7 recording plus different colours for different events i.e motion. No camera settings have changed. The NVR is a nvr5216-16p-4ks2e.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not exactly the same...but may help....

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perfect, it was the schedule being set to m&a which does not work, set to general and motion and bingo. Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to lead you to the right spot, but I am still thinking it will be later in the year when you move to Blue Iris :p

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad to lead you to the right spot, but I am still thinking it will be later in the year when you move to Blue Iris :p
Probably more like within the week, the issue is purely a decent pc with 2 x Network Cards, I have a few decent laptops around, none with 2 Network Cards and laptops are a pain to upgrade. I have a PC also but I would have to add another Neteork Cards and it's getting old now. So we will see.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I first did the trial of Blue Iris, I used a laptop. For trial purposes, the ethernet port (if the laptop has one LOL) becomes NIC one and the wifi becomes NIC two, so if your laptop has the ethernet port and wifi, that is two network cards for testing purposes!

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a usb to ethernet adapter so yes I can do ethernet and WiFi. If I get time I will find a trial of Blue Irris and investigate what all this Blue Irris stuff is all about :)

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my 5216... can this be fixed from the nvr gui itself or do I need to log into the ip of the NVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Always best to log into the camera GUI - either by it's IP address or through the IP of the NVR. Never make camera mods within the NVR gui.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, from the NVR I fixed it, the main issue seems to be the schedule needs to include motion and also the motion detection zone must be defined for each camera, I simply clicked on alarm - video detection - hit setting next to region, full screen should go red if default, right clicked to come off screen and applied.

Attachments

Reaction score
Always best to log into the camera GUI - either by it's IP address or through the IP of the NVR. Never make camera mods within the NVR gui.
why is that? I don't have a VLAN setup so I was waiting on that before I had the NVR on my network.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR isolates the cameras from the internet, so VLAN isn't totally a requirement as much as separation is with some other types of VMS (but still good to VLAN or Dual NIC regardless).

The NVRs, even if the same brand as the camera and ONVIF compliant, are known for not having the settings stick. So any change that you want done to the camera like shutter or brightness, contrast etc. is better to log into the camera GUI and set it in the camera instead of using the NVR gui to make the settings. The NVR is a like a middle-man that may not relay all the info back correctly to the camera.

A lot of the NVRs allow you to access the camera GUI through the NVR gui. On Dahua OEM NVRs, look for the explorer e on the camera setting screen.

Reaction score
Hello, from the NVR I fixed it, the main issue seems to be the schedule needs to include motion and also the motion detection zone must be defined for each camera, I simply clicked on alarm - video detection - hit setting next to region, full screen should go red if default, right clicked to come off screen and applied.
I tried doing this but viewing the playback using the "search" still only shows a green bar. Did you keep the red detection area completely red or did you highlight areas you wanted to show motion?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This will help:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried doing this but viewing the playback using the "search" still only shows a green bar. Did you keep the red detection area completely red or did you highlight areas you wanted to show motion?
Hi, I kept red config area as was, I also checked motion was on by verifying each camera from it web interface. O would try the guide Wittaj has given.