Dahua cameras not working on POE switch, other brands working

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I finally opened my Netgear GC110P POE switchI purchased last year to set up in my garage.

I have tried it with Amcrest and reolink cameras, and it seems to work fine.

However, with my Alhua Dahua cameras, my router is not getting any information. (Model numbers N44BB33-B and N42BD32)

I know the cameras work, because my main switch is a 24 port TP-Link POE+ switch and it works when plugged in there, but just not into this switch.

Any reasoning for this? Do I need to get a different switch? I'd rather not use POE injectors even though I do have them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is your router the same IP address range of the Dahua cameras (default 192.168.1.108)?

Have you tried just one camera on the switch? What is total power budget of the switch?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Also, since the Netgear GC110P is a managed switch (I use only un-managed), is it possible it needs to be configured for the subnet you're placing it on AND/OR the operating channels/ports enabled?

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The router is 192.168.68.xx. I assumed the camera/router will automatically give it a DHCP address, is this not the case? What are my next steps to resolve this?

I am only using it one camera at a time to test right now. The total budget is 62W I believe, I'm assuming this will be fine for 7 cameras right?

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's annoying. I can change it directly if I log into the camera right?

I guess I'll use my old router to setup the devices in that case rather than mess with my current router settings. Good thing I still have it.

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use the IP ConfigTool. Life saver when modifying a ton of cameras at once. It can pick the cameras up without you having to change any IP info on your PC even if you have many that all on 192.168.1.108
Do I have to be on the same subnet for the tool to pickup the cameras?

drtweak

n3wb
Reaction score
Do I have to be on the same subnet for the tool to pickup the cameras?
Nope! Only thing is if it is a managed switch and those ports arent set to another vlan where the vlan you doesnt have access. I run 10.100.100.0 network and it picked up all the cams. Just did 7 yesterday. Select them all, then select batch modify ip and set to dhcp. If it gets a green check mark you good. If doing a lot you do have to run it a few times i find just wait 15-20 seconds then hit refresh at top then the ones that were ok should pickup new ip.

Also if you do static it will start with ip you select and move down. I like to do 100/200 for dvr then X01 cam 1 X02 cam 2 etc so ot makes it easy as well. Then you just have to figure out which one is which haha

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope! Only thing is if it is a managed switch and those ports arent set to another vlan where the vlan you doesnt have access. I run 10.100.100.0 network and it picked up all the cams. Just did 7 yesterday. Select them all, then select batch modify ip and set to dhcp. If it gets a green check mark you good. If doing a lot you do have to run it a few times i find just wait 15-20 seconds then hit refresh at top then the ones that were ok should pickup new ip.

Also if you do static it will start with ip you select and move down. I like to do 100/200 for dvr then X01 cam 1 X02 cam 2 etc so ot makes it easy as well. Then you just have to figure out which one is which haha
Thanks for the tips, appreciate it. I have noticed the Dahua cameras are way better than the other brands I have so I'll be buying a bunch more and selling the other ones.