Dahua Cameras Emailing Photos Problems

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me get my Dahua cameras to work better at emailing photos. For instance- My hikvison cameras will send me 1 email, which I then open to see photos of an event. Anywhere from 1-7 photos of event I think are the options.
Dahua cams send me 2 emails of same event. One containing nothing. The other with 1 photo, which I then have to manually open.
I like to see at least 3 photos of same event. Preferably without additional emails.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My dahua cameras send two emails per event.
Event started, which has a photo and event ended which has no photo.
The event ended email is annoying but I haven't found where to turn it off.

The email you're getting containing nothing might be an event ended email.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Emails are very important part of why I have cameras as I travel a lot. Looks like I may have to consider replacing all my Dahua cameras. I buy them because it is easy to get from Andy in the Philippines.
Anyone know of reliable AliExpress seller of Hikvison?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Email is important for me also, but having OpenVPN on my iphone and being able to see live in seconds is better than 3 pictures instead of 1. Or you could use DMSS and P2P and get push messages

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Email is important for me also, but having OpenVPN on my iphone and being able to see live in seconds is better than 3 pictures instead of 1. Or you could use DMSS and P2P and get push messages
Push does not work good if you are in airplane or asleep. I need to be able to check emails and see what has been happening at property.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No the Alarm system camera can and will send email alerts separate from an actual alarm if I want it to, but no attached picture

My NVR separately sends me an email with a single photo for each event/each detection on the system cameras

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No the Alarm system camera can and will send email alerts separate from an actual alarm if I want it to, but no attached picture

My NVR separately sends me an email with a single photo for each event/each detection on the system cameras
I really need the multiple photos to review when I have time. Sometimes gone for over a month.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure. Each camera can send (typically via the NVR or other VMS) a separate email with a picture for each alert.

So if someone walks past the camera and then a minute later walks past it again, you get two emails with photo attached.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure. Each camera can send (typically via the NVR or other VMS) a separate email with a picture for each alert.

So if someone walks past the camera and then a minute later walks past it again, you get two emails with photo attached.
Not really what I`m going for. Which is why I like other camera brands that send me multiple phots in a single email of an event.