Dahua Camera Question

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua model DH-SD22204T-GN purchased via Ali-Express. The camera has English firmware and uses NTSC format. Is there any way to safely tell if it is a China region camera versus a US region camera? I have the firmware version and date and the camera SN.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You must be under the impression that Dahua's camera models are regionally locked; this is a mistaken assumption.. the closest thing to a 'china region' camera I've seen out of Dahua is a few specific models that were only offered in the Chinese market and came in Chinese language.

They all play nicely with eachother, even if they are in Chinese language.. so even if yours is one with language hacked firmware, who cares.. Dahua does not do the same nonsense as Hikvision

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. I was under that impression just like DVD players and etc. However I am a firm believer in the philosophy of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

So I should have no fear of a firmware update?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it aint broken, why update it?

I have a PAL NVR hooked to a NTSC TV and recording cameras from a mix of PAL and NTSC cameras.. all dahua and all is well.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hear you both loud and clear. I am new to this stuff and still asking questions. Making sure I did not step into something by accident.