Dahua camera is ONVIF?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally connected all my cameras to my dahua 4208-8p nvr. Three of the cameras show onvif in remote device. They show live feed but I sure was expecting it to be private, not onvif, considering the cameras are (I sure think) dahua cameras and should be just plug and play in a poe nvr. They do show live feed but some settings aren't adjustable at all in the nvr because they're onvif. I can hit the cameras web service tomorrow. Is there a setting to turn onvif off to get them to play like dahua plug and play cameras should act when going into a dahua nvr poe??

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the NVR menu setup>Image>Remote Device> choose a camera and click on Modify>change manufacturer name to Private, click on Connect button, then OK. This should change it to Private, if the cams are Dahuas. My cams will operate as Private or ONVIF, and I don't really see any difference in performance. Others may have some thoughts on this.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I saw no option to modify the remote device in the nvr, only an X to delete it. However in remote view in chrome within nvr setup I do see the option to modify the remote device and I do change it to private and save it but it doesn't take effect as though it isn't being saved. When a camera is onvif it matters because I have no option to include motion recording and also a number of camera options to tweak through the nvr are not possible. Dahua cameras should not be onvif in a dahua poe nvr. They are labeled 4300sn. I have no reason to think they're not dahua. Very weird.

Try turning on Onvif Authentication.
That will prevent anonymous Onvif requests.
You know I was in that menu and didn't see the onvif tab. I could have missed it though, but I don't think I did. I'll check tonight. Thanks.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I solved the issue by going into the cameras web service and changing them from dhcp to static. Of course when I pull the camera out of the poe port and plugged it back in it couldn't be found. So I manually added each one with the ip address that was assigned to it from the nvr in the first place. They came right up but now they aren't acting like onvif and all is well. This was mostly important to solve because of two things; they weren't recording motion and worse yet, they weren't syncing time correctly. I don't know if it's the proper fix for this but it worked in this case. My other cameras are set to dhcp and they don't have the issue, only these three. Weird. Welp, solved anyway, lol.