Dahua camera freezes after a few seconds IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello to all,
If I select a single camera to display in SmartPSS the time and view freezes after 2-8 seconds on my IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI cameras. If I do the same thing with a full screen view on a model ? Dahua zoom camera or Annke camera it does not freeze. I have 3 of the same cameras that will freeze but will play fine in 3x3 full screen display in SmartPSS.

I have noticed my cameras times are, give or take, a second off.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are your other cameras 4MP running the same bitrate?
If they're 2MP runnig similar or lower that would help explain it. It mostly depends on your computer. The camera isn't the problem. I have a powerful desktop that can stream (4) 4MP 5442's at once for good periods of time main stream. My laptop struggles with 2. Eventually a windows machine will run out of memory on the main stream. Use the substream for long term monitoring

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the Dahua color cameras are 4MP. I know the 2 Annke cameras are 5MP. I don't recall what the Dahua zoom camera is.

My computer is older and nothing special but I think camera settings or SmartPSS settings may be the issue.

On my list of things to do is research what is H.264 and then the differences of A,B,C,D,H Encode modes. All my cameras are set to H.264 no letter and plus is disabled.

I can run 3x3 with 9 camera views flawless all day and it does not skip, hiccup or freeze but as soon as I select a single Dahua color camera it freezes in a few seconds.

Annke camera is 6,144 bitrate

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When you"select" a single camera you mean expanding it where you just see that camera right? That is going from substream to main stream. Takes a lot more horsepower. See if your other cameras go to main stream when you select them look at the bitrate in the top right hand corner of the window

bitrate-smartpss.jpg

NeTgHoSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I just set up a new 4k dahua camera and I'm having the same issue where during live view of the mainstream it will freeze periodically. The substream is always fine. And checking the recordings shows frozen parts where the live stream stopped recording. Not sure but it seems related to triggers and or alerts because a few of the times I caught it happening was right after a trigger or alert. It could also be a coincidence and maybe the camera itself is stopping the mainstream or freezing. Not exactly sure but it definitely cuts down on the reliability factor of my system.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I just set up a new 4k dahua camera and I'm having the same issue where during live view of the mainstream it will freeze periodically. The substream is always fine. And checking the recordings shows frozen parts where the live stream stopped recording. Not sure but it seems related to triggers and or alerts because a few of the times I caught it happening was right after a trigger or alert. It could also be a coincidence and maybe the camera itself is stopping the mainstream or freezing. Not exactly sure but it definitely cuts down on the reliability factor of my system.
No need to ask the same question in multiple threads, especially when it isn't even the same camera.

The 5442 and the 4K camera use totally different chipsets and camera GUI and the solution isn't the same.

I responded to your basically same question in yet another different camera post along with links to potential solutions.