Dahua Camera Corrupt Jpeg Image

Daniel_AU

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2 that for the most part it's working great. However the jpeg images produced by the camera appear to be corrupt. That are missing 80% of the picture, it is just grey. This is the same when saved via FTP or sent via EMAIL. I am not using a NVR and the camera is using firmware version 2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24.

Has anyone had this issue before? I was thinking a firmware upgrade may fix it, but I cannot seem to find any details on firmware versions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2 that for the most part it's working great. However the jpeg images produced by the camera appear to be corrupt. That are missing 80% of the picture, it is just grey. This is the same when saved via FTP or sent via EMAIL. I am not using a NVR and the camera is using firmware version 2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24.

Has anyone had this issue before? I was thinking a firmware upgrade may fix it, but I cannot seem to find any details on firmware versions.
You have a hacked China region camera.. that is why you cannot find firmware

Reaction score
H

Hi
I have a HFW4300 and experience exactly the same issue. A grey area or the JPG corrupt. You can go to the Chinese site and upgrade to the latest firmware but you then have a Chinese camera. Also didin't fix my issue.

Reaction score
Hi All,

You must need use quality 5. If you set more than 5 the IPC make wrong jpeg snapshot. This is bug in the firmware.
I had same problem. The quality settings will be solved the issue.

Reaction score
Hi Russell
That doesn't seem to make a difference. I can fix the issue by lowering the resolution to 1080P but that isn't what I want to do.

What do you have your "picture quality" set to?

Thanks Quentin

Hi All,

You must need use quality 5. If you set more than 5 the IPC make wrong jpeg snapshot. This is bug in the firmware.
I had same problem. The quality settings will be solved the issue.

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever get a solution to this issue? I bought my camera from a bricks-and-mortar store (camera model VIP Vision model E96_VSIPC-8DIRG2, firmware V2.820.101B001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-23), so I'm hoping it's not a Chinese firmware issue. Only a couple of the various cameras I have are doing this, and the Snapshot quality and timing settings don't seem to resolve the problem.