Dahua AutoTracking Setup SD49225XA-HNR

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello.

1.-Once the preset is configured, if I manually move the camera with DMSS to another view, it does not return to the original position configured for autotracking, therefore it is deactivated?I thought that if the configured view was scrolled, after 30 seconds it would return to origin

2.-What does "tracking target size" mean? Default is 25 (out of 100)

3.-Is it possible to create a tour, for example 4 zones, and in each of them autotracking? For example, view-1 5min, view-2 5min ...
To cover the entire field and not the limitation of the view configured in a single intrusion autotracking.

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. - yes you will need to get it back to a preset or the autotracking will not happen.

2. Tracking target size is how big do you want the object in the frame - but the larger you make the target size, the easier it is for the object to get out of view and tracking stop. For a person, you want the whole body, not just the face for example.

3 - yes you can set up a cycle within the camera.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. - yes you will need to get it back to a preset or the autotracking will not happen.

2. Tracking target size is how big do you want the object in the frame - but the larger you make the target size, the easier it is for the object to get out of view and tracking stop. For a person, you want the whole body, not just the face for example.

3 - yes you can set up a cycle within the camera.
1.-Is it possible with the DMSS app to activate the preset again?

2.-For humans, full size, level 25 is correct?

3.-I hope to explain myself well. I mean creating a tour with 4 or 5 presets, and activating rules for autotracking for each preset. If it detects in preset 1, it cancels the tour and after 30 seconds it returns with the tour if there is no longer detection.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. Haven't used DMSS in forever, but I think there is like a flag like icon that you select that and the presets come up.

2. Really depends on your field of view and angle and how close the object is before you start tracking, but 25-35 is usually a good starting point.

3. Yes, while under cycle if the camera is tracking for a preset, it will not go to the next preset until the tracking event is over.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Haven't used DMSS in forever, but I think there is like a flag like icon that you select that and the presets come up.

2. Really depends on your field of view and angle and how close the object is before you start tracking, but 25-35 is usually a good starting point.

3. Yes, while under cycle if the camera is tracking for a preset, it will not go to the next preset until the tracking event is over.
Ok everything solved! However, when appearing in a corner, the zoom does not start, that is, until the person approaches the center, the tracking does not start. The entire area of the preset has been drawn. It is normal? Any way that the moment someone appears, even in a corner, the camera zooms in on them?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the camera needs time to recognize the object and then identify it, but it should start before it is in the center.

Did you set a min object size? If so, change it to 0,0 if you are using the human AI and/or vehicle AI and that will start the tracking sooner.

But keep in mind that it may look off and miss the track then. The less the camera needs to pan left/right or up/down to start the track, the better the chances it will track the object.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the camera needs time to recognize the object and then identify it, but it should start before it is in the center.

Did you set a min object size? If so, change it to 0,0 if you are using the human AI and/or vehicle AI and that will start the tracking sooner.

But keep in mind that it may look off and miss the track then. The less the camera needs to pan left/right or up/down to start the track, the better the chances it will track the object.
Ok, thanks!

I have these settings, anything to improve in your opinion?

Alarm track, track time 120s

Record, record delay 60s