Dahua auto IR at night

iaa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua NVR 2208-8P-I running V4.002.0000000.3.R and 8MP IP cameras, unfortunately at night the colored image is very bad and moving objects are blurry, I want to schedule when to enable IR Mode, but couldn't find the option! The profile is set to Day (there are 3 options Day - Night - General) I tried to configure the Night profile but when morning comes it stays on Night profile! I've tried to set to General and it is the same. I search but I couldn't find any option to automatically switch profiles or to schedule hours.

Please help, Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Use the “Schedule” profile and set your day and night hours/profiles. Yes you’ll have to change it 3-4 times during the year due to the position of that big yellow thing in the sky, but it only takes a few minutes.

As to the camera blurriness that’s a whole chapter, (what are your camera models?) basically you probably don’t have enough ambient light and the cameras aren’t sensitive enough to run color at night so running IR is essential.

After getting IR working at night you’ll need to start experimenting with exposure, gain, Iris settings to run as fast a shutter as possible to minimize motion blur and still have an image bright enough be useable.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use [mention]bp2008 [/mention]’s Dahua Sunrise Sunset utility to do this:

iaa

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the “Schedule” profile and set your day and night hours/profiles. Yes you’ll have to change it 3-4 times during the year due to the position of that big yellow thing in the sky, but it only takes a few minutes.

As to the camera blurriness that’s a whole chapter, (what are your camera models?) basically you probably don’t have enough ambient light and the cameras aren’t sensitive enough to run color at night so running IR is essential.

After getting IR working at night you’ll need to start experimenting with exposure, gain, Iris settings to run as fast a shutter as possible to minimize motion blur and still have an image bright enough be useable.
I use [mention]bp2008 [/mention]’s Dahua Sunrise Sunset utility to do this:

Thank you all for your replies, I searched about this issue and I understand that, but my problem is that I can’t find any option to (schedule) day/night hours. Please see the attached screenshots.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As mentioned above I recommend making all of your image related changes/settings in the camera interface itself.
There are two sets of controls, on the NVR and on the camera. You’ll find the camera itself has many more options than the settings you see on the NVR.

You access the cameras by going through the NVR interface. Choose “Camera” at top to go to the camera registration page.Then click on the blue IE icon to access the individual camera interface.
IMG_4696.jpeg

You may find this thread helpful.

iaa

n3wb
Reaction score
You should look directly in the camera, not via the NVR.
As mentioned above I recommend making all of your image related changes/settings in the camera interface itself.
There are two sets of controls, on the NVR and on the camera. You’ll find the camera itself has many more options than the settings you see on the NVR.

You access the cameras by going through the NVR interface. Choose “Camera” at top to go to the camera registration page.Then click on the blue IE icon to access the individual camera interface.
View attachment 169737

You may find this thread helpful.

Exactly what I needed! Thanks alot, appreciate it.